Focke Wulf Fw 200 C-2 Condor, Revell (conv.) 1/72

JWM

Hi,

This is a kit, which I made for the first time as young teenager, perhaps when I was 13, so about 42 years ago. It was then made from the old mould of Fw-200 C3 by Revell.

About year 2000 I was not able to tolerate any longer on my shelf its awful look....

So I dismounted it into pieces, washed with NaOH removing all paints and I made it againg. I decided to meke it a bit more attractive by converting model into C-2 variant with no turret on front top of fuselage. The another difference is in exhausts. This was a scratch work. The markings are from I/KG40, Bordeaux 1940-41, RLM 72/73/65.

I hope you can tolerate it now....

Comments welcomed

Regards

Jerzy-Wojtek

fw200 DSC02958fw 200 DSC02956fw 2000 DSC02957

Edited by JWM
Switch to Flickr
  • Like 15

JWM,

you feel as if you have aged but your Model is as fresh as it was when you built it right.. :worthy:

ITS VERY GOOD and one can see even then you had skills that now serve you well.. :clap2:

ITS FANTASTIC and should be proud of that..

Good job then and now too. .BRAVO...

:mike:

• Like 1

Fantastic Jerzy, I've the new Revel kit & would be so pleased if it comes up to your old one in skill. That is super workmanship, Anything that shows off the ring around the world unit symbol of 1/KG.40 is a favourite too.

Steve.

• Like 1

No Mitch, you got me wrong... - I've re build it after almost 30 years...

Cheers

J-W

Good effort anyway! Thanks for not making me feel even worse about my teenage building skills :whistle:

Blessed be,

M

• Like 1

Thanks for not making me feel even worse about my teenage building skills :whistle:

Thanks Mitch and do not worry :) . BTW - I have still on shelf some my true early builds, lets say when I was 14-16 years old and one is Mc 200 from Revell :). But I think that I will not post it rather...

Many thanks also Pat for your comment

Cheers

JW

Amazing what a complete make over can achieve! How did you "break it" into pieces? Just a good old saw?

Brilliant work, again.

JR

• Like 1

How did you "break it" into pieces? Just a good old saw?

Thank you Jean for nice comment. Actually I used a sharp knife to make small cut for example between wing and fuselage or between halves of fuselage. When I cut it partially I put another (big) knife to make the slit longer not by cutting but rather as lever, but sometimes just brutal force to take a part apart - like in case of engines:) Fortunately it was glued as bad painted :)

Cheers and Marry Christmas to all

Jerzy-Wojtek