*Back in Black GB - now at 33

Col.

Thanks for the PM Rob.

It would appear that the Seafire XV above wouldn't qualify because it is blue not black.Rob provided me with this link http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/61488-seafire-xv-queries/ which was enlightening on more than one subject.

I remain unconvinced but I will bow to the greater understanding.

It would look very striking either way however,how about an "I've Got The Blues"GB?

Thanks again Rob,a job well done old chum.

Thanks for the PM Rob.

It would appear that the Seafire XV above wouldn't qualify because it is blue not black.Rob provided me with this link http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/61488-seafire-xv-queries/ which was enlightening on more than one subject.

I remain unconvinced but I will bow to the greater understanding.

It would look very striking either way however,how about an "I've Got The Blues"GB?

Thanks again Rob,a job well done old chum.

My original idea was for things that are overall Black but allows for markings, stripes, panels etc but not the whole underside. If that was the case the USAAF 63rd FS, P-47M's, would qualify as they were painted Black with natural metal undersides but that is clearly a 2 colour (sort of) paint job. In this case it's a moot point if it's actually Blue but to clarify for others, this is against my original idea - overall Black please!

thanks

Mike

PS, I'm not running the group build, so I don't have the final say but I hope I've cleared up what the original intention was!

Only if you make it yourself ;)

It's already made...... by those fine folks in Prague under the guidance from the Germans! (hmmmm now where have we heard that before?)

thanks

Mike

• Like 2

Please excuse the delayed reply gang but what Mike says is correct; overall black only please so no to the Seafire due to it having gold/silver/sky (pick any one of the three depending on which interpritation of the photos you take) under-surfaces.

I'll come in for this. Don't know what to build though, Black Mike Phantom (a long time ambition), Black Arrows Hunter, Me110 night fighter? Something completely different?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Exactly like that. I also have in my head a memory of an all black F-111 but whether that was a real plane or something I imagined as a kid and built, I'm not sure. Can't find anything on google.

It looked amazing in my head though.

Am I in for this already?? Confused. ...

If not sign me up! I have lots of options to play with!

Rob

Added you to the list Rob :thumbsup; 31 of us now.

quick question, if i was to say build a RAF nightfighter Hurricane that had a red spinner or a P-61B with a red spinner and engine cowling would this count if the rest of the aircraft is black?

I'd be up for it. Either with a Hasegawa 1/48 Phantom as Black Mike or possibly the Airfix 1/48 Buccaneer monster with Model Alliance decals to make this one https://www.flickr.com/photos/gerbenwessels/3366880053/sizes/o/in/photostream/if the builds gets through the vote.

Sean

Seeing as though I've built Black Mike, I'll do the big Buccaneer if this group build happens.

Sean

• Like 1

quick question, if i was to say build a RAF nightfighter Hurricane that had a red spinner or a P-61B with a red spinner and engine cowling would this count if the rest of the aircraft is black?

Yes they are both eligible for this GB given they are predominantly black with a small section of another colour.

• 2 weeks later...

Question: Is a Heinkel He 111 from the BoB allowed with it's underside totally black and the top wings as well (with a hind of the Original colours comming through), with some motteling or bad application of black on the fuselage?!

I am thinking of a 1/32 He-111 P from KG 55.

something like this. https://www.pinterest.com/pin/318348267385557592/

Cheers,

Edited by Arniec