Consolidated Privateer drawings in Scale Models?

CarLos

I am almost sure that I have Privateer scale drawings (1/144, I think) in some issue of Scale Models but so far I couldn' locate them. Can someone help, please?

TIA!

Carlos

Hi Carlos!

I have the Scale Models issue - plus "Aircraft Archive - Bombers of WW2" containing further scale drawings of the Privateer in 1/72.

If you still need the drawings I can scan them for you...

Cheers, Moggy

You are thinking of the Scale Models Warplane Special. It does not have a date but it includes drawings of the BE2, Fokker Triplane, Camel, Heyford, Fulmar, Hellcat, Privateer, Sea Fury, Victor and F16.

Excellent value at the time, which I would guess as being the early '80s, certainly post '82.

That's it. Thank you Iain! No surprise I could,'t locate it as is was near other Victor references...

Hi Carlos!

I have the Scale Models issue - plus "Aircraft Archive - Bombers of WW2" containing further scale drawings of the Privateer in 1/72.

If you still need the drawings I can scan them for you...

Cheers, Moggy

Moggy, Already found what I was looking for, but it the Aircraft Archive volume has more than is shown in the photo bellow I'll be very grateful for a copy. In any case, thank you for your offer.

Privateerdrawings.jpg

Moggy, Already found what I was looking for, but it the Aircraft Archive volume has more than is shown in the photo bellow I'll be very grateful for a copy. In any case, thank you for your offer.

Privateerdrawings.jpg

Hi!

It's the same :)

Cheers, Moggy

There's a set of downloadable drawings here.

Ken

Thank you Ken, but these drawings are not very credible. Just take a look at the ridiculous angle of the rear part of the fuselage with the centre section! And can I believe in the front view that shows the inner engines vertical and the outer ones perpendicular to the wing?

Non-signed drawings (and many signed ones!) are too often recicled from unknown sources, perpetuating glaring errors. This is just one of these cases.

In any case, thank you for posting!

PrivProfiles.jpg

Are there any drawings or measurements in the Ginter book (which I don't have)? According to the Kinzey Detail & Scale maximum fuselage width is 7ft 5 13/32 ins. Out with the vernier and let us know after all these years. please..

Iain, Privateer drawings were published in Vol. 10 issue 21, according to this list: http://www.aviation-news.co.uk/archive/aircraftplansservice.html

I also have those (thanks anyway for the scans, John!), but I'm still to compare them with the others by Lloyd from Scale Models.

Later drawings in the magazine style were printed in A3 in the central pages or in A2 as a fold-out. The later were printed in much better paper. I am slowly scanning my drawings, as the newspaper issues are degrading fast.

I've been comparing my kits (Airfix and Academy B-24; Matchbox/Revell Privateer) with plans and, surprisingly, the Academy kit is too thin. Nothing serious, though. I'm planning a "mano a mano build" of the Airfix kit with a friend, we will both transform the bomber into transport versions. Madness, I know, but we both like this kind of modeling. I intend to make concurrently the Privateer. I was thinking of a water bomber, but I may end up making this Brazilian meat transporter:

PT-BEG.jpg

• Like 1