Revell 1/72 Spitfire Vb

Hi all,

I've been away from modelling and BM for a while due to work and other trivia... but just managed to finish(ish) this one before the year's end. It's the Revell Spit, a nice little kit but showing it's age I think- the canopy was the worst part about it, a misty blob that had a sprue gate in the middle of the hood, and doesn't fit anyhow...

Still, I had fun building this. Happy Christmas and Happy Modelling to all BM'ers.

cheers, Dave.

2q220i1.jpg

dmqrnr.jpg

snapped the antenna by this point...oh well

28kj7gg.jpg

2aeyqls.jpg

33eotg0.jpg

t thanks for watching... c & c always welcome. D

Edited by Dave N
  • Like 20

That's a really well built and finished model, love it.

However, I have to disagree about the kit's worst feature being the canopy. That honour sits one hundred percent with the dreadful propeller unit.

John.

• Like 1

Nice one Dave,built one earlier this year so I know what you were up against,Lovely paintwork too and as Joachim has pointed out the exhausts

are much more realistic than the normal red/brown which a lot of folk(me included) finish them.

• Like 1

Thanks for the kind words chaps. :)

Hey, that's Valdemar Atterdag as flown by a Danish pilot. :thumbsup:

Nice job. Where did you get the decals from?

Jens

Quite right Jens- one of 8 Spitfires presented to the RAF by the Free Danes collection fund. Flown by P/O Aksel Svendsun both were lost on 24 April 1942 after being shot down by FW 190 A-2's of 4/JG 26. The decals came with the kit (one of the good points).

Nice one Dave,built one earlier this year so I know what you were up against,Lovely paintwork too and as Joachim has pointed out the exhausts

are much more realistic than the normal red/brown which a lot of folk(me included) finish them.

Thanks Steve. I used to do mine red-brown too until I saw the real thing at Duxford this year. Apparently they're made of s/steel alloy that starts off silver and turns bronze with heat/ age... Silver/ burnt umber seems to work... cheers D.

Edited by Dave N
  • Like 3

Exactly Dave,I think it may have been photo,s of their Spitfire that I saw when I was researching for my 1/32 Revell build,thankfully before I did the

exhausts so I was able to incorporate it into the build here,s a link.

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234970844-revell-132-spitfire-new-tool/

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 1

Very nice chap!

I have just done one too and used Techmod decals. Unlike some, I am not bothered about the lack of the gull wing to the underside as this is made up by having the rest of the kit being pretty good. My canopy fitted very well by the way. And it was one of the very first issues when this tool came out as the plastic is in the deep reddish brown colour!!

Jens, if you have trouble in finding the decals I still have my ones that I won't be using that you are welcome to have!

• Like 1

Thanks again for the nice comments guys.

Exactly Dave,I think it may have been photo,s of their Spitfire that I saw when I was researching for my 1/32 Revell build,thankfully before I did the

exhausts so I was able to incorporate it into the build here,s a link.

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234970844-revell-132-spitfire-new-tool/

Super build Steve...you must have a big place with all those large scale planes! look forward to seeing more of the Spitfire. D.

BEAUTIFUL. FLAWLESS Spitfire.. :heart::heart:

ONE of the Nicest one I have seen SO far this year. :wow::wow: :wow:

BRAVO.. :mike:

Thanks very much!... (I must be getting the hang of this- I've been Houstonified!) :)

Very nice chap!

I have just done one too and used Techmod decals. Unlike some, I am not bothered about the lack of the gull wing to the underside as this is made up by having the rest of the kit being pretty good. My canopy fitted very well by the way. And it was one of the very first issues when this tool came out as the plastic is in the deep reddish brown colour!!

Thanks Paul. I agree, this is a really nice little Spitfire kit, I'd build more but I think the boxing I had was right on the edge of being buildable...love to have a fresh one like yours... D.