Trumpeter 1/35 JS-4; A low-slung beauty

gary66

Good day people. It's almost Christmas. Hope you guys are done with xmas shopping and ready to exchange gifts.

I'm sure you all are aware that I am building a quick dual build of the JS-4 and the KV-5. Well, I have finished both of them. I planned to do a finished post for each separately and since I have already posted about the KV-5, here's the JS-4.

The kit is built out of the box except for just one small thing, The gun is from my Panda Hobby's Obj 279.

I bought Painting Guide for AFV by José Luis Lopez Ruiz and after reading the book cover to cover once, I decided to apply the unique Black and White technique.

For the weathering, since this was an actual vehicle, I wanted to show it with some weathering to depict a used vehicle ( trials, exercises and what-have-you )

P1170951-2.jpg

P1170955-2.jpg

P1170958-2.jpg

P1170963-2.jpg

P1170959-2.jpg

Well, that's about as much I can sum up about the build. More informations and more photos and bigger ones (4000X3000) can be found on my blog -

http://modeller-innovation.blogspot.co.uk/2014/12/trumpeter-135-js-4-low-slung-beauty.html

Please do have a look and thank you so much in advance for any feedback you guys may have. C&C are welcomed. Just be gentle... LOL.

Thank you for always supporting and for the kind words and various encouragements.

Until the next launch.

• Like 7

thats an excellent build and the weathering is up to your usual standards, just perfect' it looks a real brute.

best Christmas regards oz!

Great build, superb painting and superlative weathering job there, my friend. I literally could not fault your skills.

Thanks very much for sharing.

Chris.

Thank you so much for the kind words Chris but believe you me, my skills has faults .. lots of it .. lack patience being one of them LOL :P but I manage .

Looks sweet, Love the weathering!

Thank you so very much

very nice work, looks great

Thank you

Another fine build, Do you ever rest Gary.

I actually don't rest Fred... when it comes to models, I don't rest at all ... I even stopped chasing girls and playing games to pursue further in modelling :P

The paintwork and weathering is sensational. Well done!

Thank you so very much. I wouldn't call this sensational as you can clearly see some works out there blows mine away but it's good to hear such priase :)

thats an excellent build and the weathering is up to your usual standards, just perfect' it looks a real brute.

best Christmas regards oz!

Thank you so much Oz. Hope you had a nice Christmas too

• 4 weeks later...

Superb build and finish on this beast and always love the trademark down the barrel shot!

Thank you Steve. It's actually not easy to take those trademark shots. haha. and u know, that trademark shot was born out of a whim. a whimsical memorable trademark.. haha :P