Best Tamiya Group B kit?

Hunterthebunter

If it doesn't have to be Tamiya, there's the Hasegawa Lancia 037, which I've always thought was the best looking Group B car.

http://www.internetmodeler.com/2001/april/first-looks/Hasegawa_Lancia.htm

It's not easy to find, but it is still in stock at 1999.co.jp who I've bought from regularly with no issues:

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10013111

bestest,

m.

Hi , Hunter . Tamiya Quattro was my first kit I built back in the late 80's . Still in my display cabinet on show . I finished a Heller Peugoet 205T16 E2 recently . Pictures are on the finished models pages . Also built Tamiya 205 and Lancia 037 , plus lots of Group A and WRC kits . Gary .

I'd love a 24th kit of the Metro 6R4. Because that thing just screams "I am an animal!". My ex managed the Tamiya Peugeot 205 a long, long time ago, and I do love the sexy little Stratos (I have a couple of those in the stash..) And I think I still have a couple of Celicas and Corollas, as well.

Edit: I looked it up, and there is a 24th 6R4 kit available. But it's resin, limited edition, and not very cheap (over Au$200). So I shall qualify my earlier remark with a '24th PLASTIC, AFFORDABLE kit of a Metro 6R4.' ;)

Edited by Rob G

I can't understand why manufacturers never got into group b in a big way there was plenty of interest in these fire breathers but the kit count is low no RS200 no 6R4 no Delta S4. That's without the stalwarts of the British champs the Opel Manta 400. Its a real shame there are some real holes in plastic kits out there

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

Sorry for bumping an old thread, but just to re-iterate that I'd LOVE to build a 6R4 or an S4, I'm guessing my chances are still zero?

Hi Gary,

Guess it all depends on how much you want a 6R4 compared to how much you want to pay!

Profil24 do a 6R4 but it's over £150. You'd have to want it an awful lot at that price! Trouble is it'll probably be the only kid on the block for a long, long time.

Dave

• Sad 1