1/48 Revell A-7E

Hello

My last complete build of the year, the Revell (Hasegawa) A-7E. Built OOB with Hasegawa HARM missiles. A fairly straight forward build, but it has the horrendously brittle Hasegawa plastic, and isn't blessed with the best fit for the access hatches and steps, so lot of re-scribing required.

I really tried to show the weathering of this relatively old airframe using the salt weathering technique, i think it came out relatively well, the last time I tried it I wasn't committed enough and it really didn't show through.

Thanks for looking

Ian

IMG_0943.png

IMG_0945.png

IMG_0948.png

IMG_0949.png

IMG_0950.png

IMG_0951.png

IMG_0952.png

IMG_0953.png

• Like 16

Very nice, like how you've captured the fresher paint around some of the access panels and hatches. The weathering effect looks spot on.

Eng

Georgeous paint job fantastic weathering, but IMHO you really need to correctly mark up the Missiles as they don't seem to fit in with the effect.

You obviously spent a lot of time and effort with the paint job on the airframe ( to great effect I may add!) but just painted the missiles white. I believe a bit of extra work on them would turn your really fantastic build into a show stopper!

Selwyn

http://www.raytheon.com/capabilities/products/harm/

Edited by Selwyn