Fairey Seafox - 1/72 Matchbox

Here is my first and possibly last Bi-plane! It is a matchbox 1/72 Fairey Seafox. Continuing my theme of Faireys, which in turn means the majority of my models are old kits.

The rigging really annoyed me and seem to take me and age. I have a few other Bi-planes in the stash so i might get round to them eventually but I am certainly not in a rush! I had a few other disasters along the way,including the infamous micro-sol tsunami which destroyed the decals.

All-in-all I'm glad to be done with this one, although I am quite happy with how it turned out! As always any question, pointers and tips are appreciated.

imagejpg3_zps88605aaf.jpg

imagejpg1_zps091f9118.jpg

imagejpg7_zps331da040.jpg

imagejpg4_zps01daaeb7.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Edited by DAG058
  • Like 24

Nice rendition of a rarely seen built model is that DAG,don't think you need any pointers and

tips at all.

As bristol boy says,matchbox did some great little kits and some of unusual subjects,the Seafox

being one of them.

Scrubs up nicely,you've proved that.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the top comments gents! They really do motivate me to want to do more.

I got this one off of a well known internet auction site, it was only a few quid if anyone is after one, there were quite a few floating around on there.

Edited by DAG058

Great looking build, just the wrong scale for me.

I would love to see a 1/48 kit of the Sea Fox, with the current rush of FAA subjects from the like of Special Hobby, let's hope so.

I'd like to do 1/48 but the storage would be a problem, so I'm sticking with 1/72. More Faireys in any scale is a good thing though!

Bi plane rigging can be tough, but you did a great job. These old matchbox kits always turn out looking nice if you put the effort in, as you clearly have. Well done.

• Like 1

Great job of a famous aircraft, I believe it was one of these that spotted and shadowed the Graf Spee.

It is indeed! There isn't too much information on these aircraft, this seems to be the case with most Faireys unfortunately.

• Like 1

It is indeed! There isn't too much information on these aircraft, this seems to be the case with most Faireys unfortunately.

Hi

Matchbox definitely missed a trick here they should have given us the option of the Graf Spree spotting Seafox after all history wouldn't have been the same without it !

Cheers Pat

Hi

Matchbox definitely missed a trick here they should have given us the option of the Graf Spree spotting Seafox after all history wouldn't have been the same without it !

Cheers Pat

I agree. Maybe in the future we will see a re-release by Revell, who knows?!