1/72 Revell Saab JAS-39D Gripen dual seater

172flogger

Hello,

got my kit today. Judging from the sprue layout and the fuselage joints, a twoseater seems at least an option. Lets hope the testbuilder know / have more than we...

Regards,

Martin

• 1 year later...

Release expected in May 2016 - Saab JAS-39D Gripen Twin Seater - ref.03956

Source: http://www.plastik-modellbau.org/blog/revell-neuheiten-2016/2016/

03956-Saab-JAS-39D-Gripen-Twin-Seater-Ph

03956 Saab JAS-39D Gripen TwinSeater, 1:72

Die Saab JAS-39D Gripen (schwedisch für Greif) ist ein schwedisches Mehrzweckkampfflugzeug. JAS steht dabei für schwedisch Jakt, Attack och Spaning und beschreibt das Aufgabengebiet des Flugzeugs als Jäger, Jagdbomber und Aufklärer. Die zweisitzige D-Version ist sowohl für Kampf- wie auch für Trainingseinsätze vorgesehen.

Bausatz für den Gelegenheitsbastler mit einer Decal Version, einfaches Kleben und Bemalen

05/2016

V.P.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

It hurts to look at the canopy... decal sheets get smaller with each new model they release. Not impressed at all!

Edit: Oh, not just one version, but less stencils as well (only one colour stripe but no stencils for the AAM, no "lift here" for the tank, no decals for the pylons etc)

Alex

Edited by alex

that decal sheet sucks, compared to the F-18F from a few years ago that I build over xmas, 2 options and festooned with stencils, for basically the same price is poor, though maybe the grippen isn't that well stenciled in reality? Though the choice of one decal option is inexcusable, given the limited markings to not have a 2nd or 3rd set of tail numbers....

this and an underwhelming 2016 schedule on many fronts and nonexistent distribution to smaller vendors hopefully is a temporary hiccup

I have stencils for Swedish pylons in my Decennial Gripen decal set and they will also be part of the upcoming Czech Gripens: Fighters and Czech Gripens: Trainers decal sets. NATO pylons (those with bulges on the sides) have a bit different stencils, but unfortunately as they are not used by our Gripens, I don't have any source material for making them.

that decal sheet sucks, compared to the F-18F from a few years ago that I build over xmas, 2 options and festooned with stencils, for basically the same price is poor, though maybe the grippen isn't that well stenciled in reality? Though the choice of one decal option is inexcusable, given the limited markings to not have a 2nd or 3rd set of tail numbers....

this and an underwhelming 2016 schedule on many fronts and nonexistent distribution to smaller vendors hopefully is a temporary hiccup

Well, I can agree that one option only is pretty poor. However, the decal sheet is not that bad. The typeface is correct (at last!), Swedish roundels look good, although in reality, the ones on the underside are in a slightly different colour, they are more light grey. Regarding the stencils, unlike many other modern aircraft, Gripen has very few stencils and as far as I can see, all of them are available on this sheet.

Edited by Bjorn

its odd, as the first photo of the clear sprue the canopy looks ok, but when you see the close up it looks horrid.

Could this just be a faulty part?