Qantas 737-800 - Revell 1:144 With Draw Decals

Qantas 737-800
1:144 Draw Decal

Another Revell 737-800 leaves my workbench, this time in the very attractive Qantas livery, courtesy of Draw Decals.Reviewed here

Revell's 737-800 is well known by now, it needs the winglets extended as they are too short, and the engines are too flat on the bottom and require building up with Milliput and reprofiling. The intake rings need to be enlarged to fit this, and the passenger window line is too low, so you need to fill them and use decals. It sounds worse than it is, and this corrective work doesn't take that long. Alternatively there are resin engines & winglets avaialble from the aftermarket.

The Qantas livery is one of my favourites, it is simple, clean and classy and thanks to Draw Decals I have been able to add one to my collection. I really enjoyed building this one, I had no problems at all, everything went like a dream, unlike some of my other current builds!

Qantas1.jpg

Qantas2.jpg

Qantas3.jpg

Qantas5.jpg

Qantas6.jpg

Qantas7.jpg

Difficult to get a 'with something else' picture here. How about some of my other 737's with Draw Decals on? An 800 in Kalula, and a 900 in KLM;

Qantas8.jpg

Thanks for looking

John
  • Like 25

Amazing work ! Glazed windscreen look more realistic to my mind. I believe this windscreen was from the kit. I have it in stash with Delta decals.

• Like 1

Difficult to get a 'with something else' picture here. How about some of my other 737's with Draw Decals on? An 800 in Kalula, and a 900 in KLM;

That will do very nicely, thank you.

Allow me to say "welcome back to civvie street" and thanks for posting John.

Having been unable to do any modelling over the past few weeks, this is just the kind of thing to cheer me up on a cold and wet Sunday evening.

mike

• Like 1

That will do very nicely, thank you.

Allow me to say "welcome back to civvie street" and thanks for posting John.

Having been unable to do any modelling over the past few weeks, this is just the kind of thing to cheer me up on a cold and wet Sunday evening.

mike

Always nice to see these airliners done so well and I too like the "with something" pics at the end.

Chris.

• Like 1

Beautiful modelling, great scheme, classic jet and that, being an Airbus man, stuck in my throat when I said it! but it's true. But I can't help but wonder where my employer's got the idea for their, supposed, new scheme from?

B4xaLy5IUAA0H_v.png

Qantas2.jpg

• Like 2