Fiesler Fi 156, winter camo ambulance, Heller 1/72

JWM

Hi,

Another bird from German shelf - Fiesler Fi 156 of unknown unit (at least for me). An ambulance operating in eastern front.

This is a Heller (original or rather boxed by Smer) 1/72, decals from drawer, markings taken from a photo....

Any comments welcomed

Regards

Jerzy-Wojtek

fiesler DSC02943fiesler DSC02944fiesler DSC02945fiesler DSC02946

Edited by JWM
Switch to Flickr
  • Like 21

Hi Jerzy,

nice "Storch" you have there! Didn´t remember, Heller had a 1/72 kit of it. Do you know the Academy model? Find this aircraft interesting, as the French used it in Indochina and it is said that "Criquets" were the first aircraft operated by the South Vietnamese Airforce. Do you know if there were significant differences between "Storch and "Criquet" ?

Have a nice Sunday

Mario

• Like 2

Superbly rendered little maid-of-all-work, just begging to be the centerpiece of a diorama!

The Academy Fi 156 was mentioned in the comments. If I'm not mistaken (it has happened…), that kit needs some fundamental surgery to the wing supports in order not to end up with a most uncharacteristic dihedral…

Excellent modelling.

Kind regards,

Joachim

• Like 3

Thank you Gents for nice comments and likes :) I appreciate it very much!

I know the Academy kit, it is on my stash, perhaps one day I will try to do something out of it. Thank you Joachim for this hint on construction problems... I will be awared now :). Problem is that all WWII Fi-156 looks almost the same. So it will be better to do second also from Heller kit, that they should not differ because of kit flaws, if there are any.

Regarding Mario question on differences between Storch and Criquet - some (or all?) Criquet were produced after WWII with radial engine, instead of Argus - this radial engine is in Academy kit as an option, I think. But I think there was French factory production for nazis during WWII and it was all with Argus. However, I was not studying this very carefully, I just noticed, that all radial engined are post -war production, so outside frame of my collection.

Regards

Jerzy-Wojtek

• Like 3

Superbly rendered little maid-of-all-work, just begging to be the centerpiece of a diorama!

The Academy Fi 156 was mentioned in the comments. If I'm not mistaken (it has happened…), that kit needs some fundamental surgery to the wing supports in order not to end up with a most uncharacteristic dihedral…

Excellent modelling.

Kind regards,

Joachim

Thank you Joachim for the advice.

Thank you Gents for nice comments and likes :) I appreciate it very much!

I know the Academy kit, it is on my stash, perhaps one day I will try to do something out of it. Thank you Joachim for this hint on construction problems... I will be awared now :). Problem is that all WWII Fi-156 looks almost the same. So it will be better to do second also from Heller kit, that they should not differ because of kit flaws, if there are any.

Regarding Mario question on differences between Storch and Criquet - some (or all?) Criquet were produced after WWII with radial engine, instead of Argus - this radial engine is in Academy kit as an option, I think. But I think there was French factory production for nazis during WWII and it was all with Argus. However, I was not studying this very carefully, I just noticed, that all radial engined are post -war production, so outside frame of my collection.

Regards

Jerzy-Wojtek

Thank you for the help Jerzy,

obviously the build of a post war Criquet demands some additional research.

Have a nice evening

Mario

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Hi Jerzy!!!

I have not watched this one, I don't know why but thanks to your link im the Me 321 Gigant have found that one.

O have a soft spot for this kind of aircraft and was thinking in do seomething as Mario discused above, but think as have bought so many of the Acaemy boxings, have enough kits for experimenting with the variants this nice "Jack of al trades" have. Also bought a seciond hand very war weary Squadron Book about the Vietnamese Air Force and got engaged with this one with this nice beautiful insignia from South Vietnam over the nice colouring the plane has, and have found the one I bought from SMER some time ago have the decals for that version!!!...I was so enthusiastic but when I watched your nicely done bird...mmmmmmm......maybe willthink carefully which version do first when the day comes for one of this kits.

Lovely build and as Joachim said above...a Diorama with this little lady as Star would be wonderful thing to enjoy!!!

Thank you very much for sharing!!!

Cheers,

Luis Alfonso

• Like 1

Another excellent build with a great winter finish, J-W! I do think you have that weathered winter finish down. Loving Eastern Front aircraft as I do, I really like this one.

Regards,

Jason

• Like 1