New Sea King book

merlin101

Sounds good Dave, the question is can you fix a Sea King with one if the new Haynes manuals? Lasty one I looked at said, take it back to the dealership...

Just a little joke.

Colin

Three things that are not good and remember I'm ex-navy.

The Mk 5 was not a HU but a HAR (helicopter airborne rescue) while operated by 771NAS.

The Sea King was and still is flying in Scotland wth the RN and RAF and not as Haynes text says. That's not forgetting Wales that is.

£25, that's a tad steep unless some of that is going to Forces charity's?

If they get this much wrong who knows what else is amiss?

I can highly recommend the new Haynes manual on the Seaking, got my copy today and was extremely impressed with the volume of good detail pics in it for anyone wanting to build a SAR bird. Haven't fully dissected the book yet but it looks like a very well researched edition. I've got 3 others for the Harrier, Typhoon and Tornado but this one tops the lot!

Also surprised to find a pic of one of my work colleagues in it!!

Well worth the money in my opinion. A certain well known online retailer has it cheaper than £25 too.

Eng

• 4 weeks later...

Available for under £16 with free postage here: https://wordery.com/westland-sar-sea-king-manual-lee-howard-9780857335050

Great heads up on book & price. Only fault is squadron users missed out various Mks. HAR5 was the main final designator but HU5 was used on Type22 Flts & crew trainers for several years regards Len