Tbf-1 Avenger 1/72 Academy

Thats a beautifully done job, its a pity that Academy have chose to give their kit decals for the wrong version & done such a lousy job with the engine ( it is quite an old mold) but in all other respects it makes up well & you've done it a treat. :thumbsup:

Steve.

Edited by stevehnz
  • Like 1

Woah! For such an old kit, the result is superb and your great paint job does help. I remember once opening the box to check the content, and I could not close it fast enough to put it back where it came from! You are indeed a brave man to tackle such a project!

Well done

JR

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for the comments!

At first i thought that this would be an easy project . But! When i opened the box i realized that it needs a lot of work . It was very difficult and the most difficult part was the canopy . Anyway , it turned out well ...

Thanks again !

Here you can see the wip for the model

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234967414-tbf-1-avenger-172-academy/

Just Wow!!! This turned out to be something special. Avengers I've found, having made the old Airfix kit in the early Seventies, are very difficult to turn into facsimiles of the real thing, especially in this scale.

You've proven the exception with your build; I really love it.

Just one question please! The clear parts aren't standard are they?

Graham

• Like 1