1/48 SAAB J 29 by Pilot Replicas

flarpen

45 minutes ago, March said:

The kits that were featured in the future releases section of the Hannants website are no longer there either.

There are NO kits at Hannants at all!

Only resin stuff :(

According to some sources ( I heard it from a few guys at FB that knows the actual guy running Pilot Replicas) he's normal day-to-day is extremely demanding, and has been for quite some time.

PR is on some kind of back-burner in the meantime unfortunately.

I really wish that he can bounce back from it!

This was just posted on Facebook, by Pilot Replicas.

Dear all Pilot-Replicas fans. As many of you have seen our webpage is temporary down. The reason is that I will close all direct sales due to lack of time. I run this company on my dedicted hobby time and currently my ordinary work takes more time than ever. This means we are not close down the company, we still continue to work on the projects we have in pipeline. Though we will try to distribute our great models to our retailers. Hope for understanding and see you soon !!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

But that would involve keeping up the website and presumably paying for it despite not being able to use it for selling product.  Thankful they plan to keep going. I am looking forward to the Vampire.

On 19/09/2017 at 09:57, neilh said:

But that would involve keeping up the website and presumably paying for it despite not being able to use it for selling product.  Thankful they plan to keep going. I am looking forward to the Vampire.

And the Saab 105/Sk.60 (link); Venon NF (link); Sea Venom (link) etc.

Vampire link

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

7 hours ago, neilh said:

But that would involve keeping up the website and presumably paying for it despite not being able to use it for selling product.  [...]

Those costs are neglectable, especially if you want you customers to know you are still in business. There are many functions the website can serve, apart from selling the kits.

FB is fine, but it's not the internet, and it's no free accessible information. And I dare to guess, it's not a channel to communicate to the majority of PR's customers. 

• Like 1

Without going too deep into the matter I think there will be a solution soon to get the Pilot Replicas kits on the market again with the help of some retailers seeking possibilities to take over the logistics from an overburdened Pilot Replicas. Talks are underway  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Branky said:

Without going too deep into the matter I think there will be a solution soon to get the Pilot Replicas kits on the market again with the help of some retailers seeking possibilities to take over the logistics from an overburdened Pilot Replicas. Talks are underway  

Rebell Hobby?  https://www.rebell.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=Replicas

V.P.

13 hours ago, Ka-Efka said:

Those costs are neglectable, especially if you want you customers to know you are still in business. There are many functions the website can serve, apart from selling the kits.

FB is fine, but it's not the internet, and it's no free accessible information. And I dare to guess, it's not a channel to communicate to the majority of PR's customers. 

FB is just a website like any other on  the Internet ( but quicker and easy for people to update ) and is exactly the channel to communicate on - I like many others realise that if you want the most up to date info on a lot of companies that is the place to get it, this is the reason I joined FB.

Edited by Tbolt
  • Like 1

'[...] I joined FB.'

As you said it yourself. It's not a website like any other. It's a closed community (and a tracking device). I know many people who do not join FB for various reasons. It's a good communication channel for your customers, but if it's the only one, you loose touch to many for them.

Look at the last posts in this thread...

• 6 months later...

Didn't the owner have to scale back due to other work pressures? From Sept 2017 on Facebook:

1475816_390442357753092_1920043149_n.jpg

Dear all Pilot-Replicas fans. As many of you have seen our webpage is temporary down. The reason is that I will close all direct sales due to lack of time. I run this company on my dedicated hobby time and currently my ordinary work takes more time than ever. This means we are not close down the company, we still continue to work on the projects we have in pipeline. Though we will try to distribute our great models to our retailers. Hope for understanding and see you soon !!

There was then some discussion that he would partner with someone else for production, but no further news I recall on that development.

• 1 year later...
On 4/17/2018 at 7:44 PM, mhaselden said:

I'm still hoping for Pilot Replicas (or, frankly, anyone other than AZ Model!) to release a Congo version in 1/48.  Just putting that out there in case anyone's listening.  Anyone?  Please???

No UN Congo markings but the original boxing is available again (only at Pilot Replicas site, as far as I know). UN markings are available on decal sheet PRS48-038 from Print Scale (for a B version, though).

• Like 2

Pilot Replicas has said on their FB page that they are currently working on the earlier versions on the J 29 (e.i. A, B versions). No hint on any release date though.

And I strongly suspect a UN marked Congo tunnan will be a marking option.

• Like 1

I can confirm that two marking options are Congo-versions. One in camouflage colors with UN-markings and one bare metal and olive green fin with ONU-markings.

No release date yet. The SAAB 105/Sk 60 is no 1 priority at the moment but they are working on it! 😊

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3