Vietnam GB Chat - *** GB Finished. ***

AnonymousDFB1

The GB is finished guys.

The north has stormed the south and rolled their tanks through the gates of the Presidential Palace in Saigon.

The Vietnam II GB has come to an end.

It has been an epic battle group build with casualties on both sides failing to make the gallery but never the less we have a very deserved victor.

Congratulations go to Mike (bookneck) for his stunning, mostly scratch built dio of Bien Hoa Airbase. :worthy:

Bien_074_1000.jpg

2nd place goes to Aaron (milktrip) with his beautiful Piasecki HUP 2. :clap:

24023320065_8f1459d167_c.jpg

And finally in 3rd is Madhatter's immaculately painted AC-119K Stinger Gunship.

IMG_2136_zps9e8cl6t8.jpg

A massive congratulations to the winners from myself and thank you to everyone who entered making this another fantastic GB on Britmodeller.

Lastly I would like to thank my co-hosts for helping me to keep you all in check. :bangin:

Keep building those Vietnam subjects and I hope to see you all in another GB soon.

Peace. :pilot:

Edited by snapper_city
  • Like 7

thanks for the GB guys - it was a lot of fun. I didn't expect to place at all, so a huge :thanks: to everyone who voted for me.

Great moderation too - much better run than some GB's I've seen in the past. Without trying to sound like I'm kissing your derriere Mark - I'd happily join a GB run by you again. You took the time to encourage and post in everyone's threads - not just one or two. No screw ups in the polls and the chat thread etc was updated in a timely manner - something people who are thinking about hosting should take note of. Well done

Thanks again everyone

Kind regards

Simon

• Like 2

First off - congratulations to Bootneck, Milktrip and Madhatter!! Fantastic modelling.

Secondly - well done to everyone who took part in this GB - I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Finally - can I echo Madhatter's comments - snapper_city is an absolute star - a fantastic GB host. Very well done! Thank you.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 2

Thanks for the kind words everyone, and for the helpful support during the build. I didn't expect to win as I thought Madhatter's AC-119 would get it (that's who I voted for!) and then Milktrip's Piaseki - that's not modelling, it's pure engineering! :winkgrin: Much of this GB was a new experience for me and I learned a lot from it, even though I have been modelling for nearly 60 years!! :analintruder:

Well done to Mark for keeping us all on track and providing supportive encouragement, especially when it started to go a bit quiet just before Christmas. :worthy: Thanks Mark.

Mike

• Like 5

Well done to some very deserving models! That said, it was hard to pick a favourite which shows how high the quality level was for this GB.

Sorry I failed to stay the course :( Hopefully I will do better this year, at least after the Expo is out of the way...

Cheers,

Will