GB Chat

Well I've had a thought about making an EB-52 Megafortress from the Dale Brown Patrick McLanahan series, with four engines and a range of ordnance for it, but I will have to do something as I imagine that will be a scratch building project, I have no scratch building experience....

• Like 3

I'm in. Hopefully with a reasonably logical BAC Sea Lightning, with technical justifications for all design decisions. No promises though - it may end up as a Martin Baker MB-5 in Western Desert colours, depending on time available. :)

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I know I've mentioned an shown my plans for this GB, a Turbo-Prop Swept wing Ar-234 night fighter, but I have something else stuck in my mind that I would like to do.

I found this fantastic art work on the Deviant Art web site that has just caught my imagination. It's by an artist called "comradeloganov" and his drawings and stories to go with them are fantastic. So I am thinking I might do this one these instead as I have the all the bits required, depends on how much time I have. And no I don't think I could do two projects at once, will have too many on the go already!

please note these images are copyrighted to comradeloganov, here is the link to this site

http://comradeloganov.deviantart.com/gallery/

israeli_martin_b_51b_panther_zpsa818b8ed

usaf_martin_b_51g_night_intruder_zps7311

• Like 5

Well, if nothing else this gives plenty time for my right arm time to fully heal!! My enforced break from modelling (no pun intended) meant I was unable to complete my entry in the E E Lightning GB. :angrysoapbox.sml: .. As for this one? Hmmm ! Tough choice. Narrowed it down to a few ;

Spectrum Archangel - Replacement for the Angel Interceptor using the Revell F-16XL 1/32 as the basis.

Spey engined Mirage IV(K) using the Heller 1/48 Mirage IV. & parts from a wrecked but salvageable Revell Phantom FGR2. Might be feasible to combine the Phantom intakes/cockpit/nose with the Heller fuselage.

Remember the old weather Herc? Long overdue replacement by the A400 Atlas W1

BAC Hyperion ( Greek - meaning "The High One" or, "Watcher from above") using Airfix 1/72 Concorde. This would be a job I'll probably bottle!! By bottle, I mean drinking about three bottles of Jura in the process!!. Anybody who has tackled this slightly problematic kit will understand!! :lol:

Antonov/Airbus A-450 Titan. Stretched R R Trent engine development of the Antonov AN-124

Allan

Edited by Albeback52
  • Like 5

Hi everyone

Really undecided about this one but have narrowed it down to either a tank busting BV194 or Arado 555

Hope these are ok to be included

Cheers Pat

they'll be fine

I think my plan might be on the back burner for a while, not sure I will be able to get the kit necessary, my missus has said no more models till I finish all of the ones I've got.....

you obviously haven't learnt how to hide your stash properly! :D

you know once your stash gets to a certain size then it becomes harder to tell when you added to it! ;)

though mine says something similar every time a package arrives for me. :whistle:

• Like 3

they'll be fine

you obviously haven't learnt how to hide your stash properly! :D

you know once your stash gets to a certain size then it becomes harder to tell when you added to it! ;)

though mine says something similar every time a package arrives for me. :whistle:

Unfortunately hiding my stash is impossible as i only have a small house and my workshop makes boxes very easy to see.

Plus the missus takes all the parcels in as she is at home when the postman comes.

Still i'm going to try and work something out.

Unfortunately hiding my stash is impossible as i only have a small house and my workshop makes boxes very easy to see.

Plus the missus takes all the parcels in as she is at home when the postman comes.

Still i'm going to try and work something out.

All it takes are some well-chosen decals to make something into a whif, in a pinch.

• Like 3

All it takes are some well-chosen decals to make something into a whif, in a pinch.

I have absolutely no clue what to build for this.

I was originally going to modify a B-52 into Dale Brown's EB-52 Megafortress (4 engined version) but now I'm not sure.

I need to come up with some kind of interesting idea though, i will have to think about it.

Rick

I have absolutely no clue what to build for this.

I was originally going to modify a B-52 into Dale Brown's EB-52 Megafortress (4 engined version) but now I'm not sure.

I need to come up with some kind of interesting idea though, i will have to think about it.

Rick

How about that B-52 as the RAF B-52K Rick? ;)

• Like 1

Or a B-52 in Raspberry Ripple scheme....mmmm

My first thought was anti-flash white overall or with grey/green uppers but it's your model and depending on which variant it represents may dictate a timescale.

I added a first banner here: http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/53600-group-build-banners/page-6

I have some more ideas so this will not be the only one from me I guess.

Rene

Great banners thanks Rene :thumbsup:

Hi all, I would like to join this GB, I am thinking maybe.... What if Me-262 had been the world first passenger jet airplane ? With seat for 8 passengers ? or something else :)

Image11.jpg

Interesting concept :coolio: