GB Chat

Another couple great ideas :thumbsup:

Well, there's plenty of time for a change of mind (mine's on backorder, unfortunately) but it'll probably be a Finnish F3F-2 (the premise being that the USN liked their new monoplane fighters and certainly weren't going to give them up)... or maybe I'll dust off my F-20B (two-seater), which could also qualify as a KUTA subject.

bob

The F3F-2 sounds one of those Whifs that can catch out those of us who don't know the subject well enough while the F-20B sounds perfectly plausible. How far along with the latter are you?

Can I do an He 162 D ? It never flown.

It existed only as wood mockup

Ettore

Yes Ettore you most certainly can. In fact if you do not I will be most disappointed ;)

I am thinking of doing an A319 (I don't "do" airliners and I got this very cheaply) as an A319W replacement for the much loved Snoopy Hercules - Welsh Models do a Snoopy conversion kit in 1/144...might need some serious surgery...I'll have a look at the relative geometry of kit and conversion and see if it will fit

Ooh that's got some potential Andy! Hope it can be done without too much major surgery.

Not are what I'll build, but I'll definitely be participating, probably either a kitbash or a kit with scratchbuilt additions.

K

Either is fine Kwaterous so long as you are having fun.

I will weigh in with a Dornier 355, a jet powered 335 from my fevered imagination or the twin jet Do256 if my imagination turns out to be more a slight temperature than a fever.

Anil

Anil, both of your ideas sound interesting.

I'm in on this with a Revell 1/72 Focke Wulf TL-Jager Flitzer if that's allowed?

Badger, yes that is most certainly allowed. Welcome to the fun.

• Like 1

I would like a piece of this action, however I am on holiday at the start of the GB for a week. Can I still join in ?

I have not got an idea yet but I'm sure I can come up with something in time for me to get the kit and components together.

Rick

I would like a piece of this action, however I am on holiday at the start of the GB for a week. Can I still join in ?

I have not got an idea yet but I'm sure I can come up with something in time for me to get the kit and components together.

Rick

Feel free to join in at any point you wish during its duration Rick.

• Like 1

Another couple great ideas :thumbsup:

The F3F-2 sounds one of those Whifs that can catch out those of us who don't know the subject well enough while the F-20B sounds perfectly plausible. How far along with the latter are you?

Glad you like 'em! All I've really done on the F-20 is chop the fuselages (F-5F front). It also leaves me with a modernized canopy F-5E, which I may also pursue. Actually, here's the "legacy thread".

bob

Cheers Col,

Count me in.

I am trying to come up with a plan right now.

Rick

Got a bit of time before the action starts so have a look through the previous GBs for some inspiration if that helps ;)

Glad you like 'em! All I've really done on the F-20 is chop the fuselages (F-5F front). It also leaves me with a modernized canopy F-5E, which I may also pursue. Actually, here's the "legacy thread".

bob

Ah, of course, knew this sounded familiar somehow :D Both ideas still sound great.

OK - I will enter my Bendix Racing Mosquito with offset Canberra PR.9 style canopy which is on my list for quite some time. Decals are already printed and waiting:

WhifIII_zpsd6f2adc6.jpg

Maybe (I do not have the time but it itches me greatly) I would enter another build. Either North American F-108 Rapier or Hawker P1121. Both 1:72. The Rapier is resin and the Hawker vacuform (but parts are already cut and sanded - nothing else)...

• Like 5

What if ... De Havilland and English Electric joined forces to enter the V Bomber contest with a Canberra-Comet hybrid to create a long range nuclear bomber...?

Wood has a low radar signature!

Trevor

I have two little WHIFs in mind.

1 is a mash up of an1/144 F19 ( revell kits awful) with an F18. See what I can come up with.

2 is a Bubblecopter from the Oblivion film in RAF markings used as a FAC/ designator.

Hope these live up to requirements / expectations.

• Like 2

I have two little WHIFs in mind.

1 is a mash up of an1/144 F19 ( revell kits awful) with an F18. See what I can come up with.

2 is a Bubblecopter from the Oblivion film in RAF markings used as a FAC/ designator.

Hope these live up to requirements / expectations.

Just checking the finances & dollars to pounds. May have to forfeit the bubble ship. 112 dollars including p&p is a tad on the steep side for a 1/48 kit.

• Like 1

Scrap the turboprop two seat target towing Swiss Spitfire (that may be #2). I've just got an Academy 1/48 Sabre and I plan to revisit an unbuilt WHIF from the first set of shenanigans........

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/53309-canadair-sabre-ga4/

Trevor

What if ... De Havilland and English Electric joined forces to enter the V Bomber contest with a Canberra-Comet hybrid to create a long range nuclear bomber...?

Comberra? Canet?

I'm still going ahead with the Hawk idea... have been looking at kit bashing it with a Mirage of some sort..... watch this space.

Sounds to be plenty potential in that idea.

Just checking the finances & dollars to pounds. May have to forfeit the bubble ship. 112 dollars including p&p is a tad on the steep side for a 1/48 kit.

Ouch! No idea how big or complicated the kit is but that's still a lot of cash regardless.

Scrap the turboprop two seat target towing Swiss Spitfire (that may be #2). I've just got an Academy 1/48 Sabre and I plan to revisit an unbuilt WHIF from the first set of shenanigans........

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/53309-canadair-sabre-ga4/

Trevor

A FRADU Sabre? Cool!

Comberra? Canet?

Bomet?

This will be my first ever Whif :unsure:

I'm planning to build the '100.7 - Heart FM', Bv.141 eye-in-the-sky traffic reporter.

It operates out of my local airfield (Halfpenny Green), so I will be able to count exactly how many of Airfix's rivets to leave in place.

Cheers

Cliff

• Like 6

I'm still going ahead with the Hawk idea... have been looking at kit bashing it with a Mirage of some sort..... watch this space.

The Hawk is a great airframe for kit bashing, I whipped up a cranked arrow version with canards about 15 years ago. It's still one of my favourite whiffs I've produced over the years.

2013-09-2909_32_53_zpse3f23f94.jpg

• Like 12