GB Chat

At the size of the XB-70 I would not consider decals for the Thunderbirds design (except the Thunderbirds logo and tail numer with circle of stars). I guess you are better off with masking tape. This is how I would try it - but it would surely take me longer to mask than the GB takes ;-)

Rene

I can send you a jpg file with the star circle, #1 and the Thunderbird logos so they would fit a 1:72 XB-70 as per drawing if this is of any help. You would still need to print it on clear decal paper. Please PM me if you need it.

Rene

... I started converting a Accurate miniatures P-51C into a what if with a Griffon engine and some Mustang Ia 20 mm cannon wings.

I've been meaning to do a Griffon conversion for ages, but I was going to start with a Mustang IA, on the premise that they converted Allison airframes (with first-generation Griffons). Rolls Royce did consider the idea, but thought the Griffon was a bit heavy. They also encouraged North American to run with the idea, but NAA thought the Merlin a better prospect, and that adopting the (2-stage) Griffon would necessitate a complete (larger airframe) redesign.

It would have made a hot-rod tactical recon aircraft, I'd think!

bob

Edited by gingerbob
  • Like 1

This will be my first What If. I'm really looking forward to it. I've got most of what I need. :)

• Like 1

Busy time for me then! Finish my French Mosquito (I'm late finishing), start my BoB Spitfire (erm...I'm late starting) and then my Fleet Air Arm Sabre needs to get off the block too.

Argh!

Trevor

• Like 1

Just ordered the paints for my what if. I'm giving Mr Hobby paints a go. I've never used them before, but hear good things about them. I've got the Mr Hobby leavening thinner to go with them.

• Like 1

Just incase a few people were wondering why I didn't bring the Arado to this GB, it is a bit of a long term project and I wasn't sure I would be able to complete it in time for this GB.

But I will be bringing out the B-51G "Tropic Moon III" project I've being talking about earlier.That one is a bit easier than the Arado, plus I am back on week on/ week off roster so will have a lot more time now for modelling!!

Am soooo looking forward to this GB!!!

• Like 6

14 days to go Whiffers! :D

I'd umm... better get my act together and order some stuffs then. Although whether it'll actually get started, let alone finished is quite another matter.

• Like 1

8 days to go now gang. As with most of you I have a kit selected and the basis of a back-story formed. I also have a rather cluttered workbench that really needs at least some of the many stalled or on-going projects cleared off it :(

• Like 5

8 days to go now gang. As with most of you I have a kit selected and the basis of a back-story formed. I also have a rather cluttered workbench that really needs at least some of the many stalled or on-going projects cleared off it :(

Yes, I've got a crowded bench too, and now I'm on two weeks holiday so it's going to be a late start for me!

• Like 1

You and me both!

Trevor

• Like 1

Same here, and the MU shelf needs a clearing too.

• Like 1

Also here. Need to finish 3 projects for other GB's. Luckely one is already in the painting stages. Only the other two (B-24 and Hurricane) will give me a headache. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

I need more time for modelling. Luckely my project for this GB is already on standby.

Cheers,

• Like 2

My paints have arrived, so I've got all I need now. This will be my first What If, and I'm really looking forward to it. The back-story is all ready. I've put in some facts to go with the fiction.

• Like 1