1/48 - Saab J-32B/E Lansen by Hobby Boss - released

Homebee

Release is now expected for late December 2015.

Source: http://www.hobbyboss.com/index.php?g=home&m=article&a=show&id=53&l=en

Box art Saab J-32B/E Lansen - ref.81752

Another Kostas "planeart" Kavvathias illustration!

In the hope this kit won't suffer the same scale problem as the new tool "PoopieBoss'" J-29 Tunnan... http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234972803-148-saab-j-29-tunnan-family-by-hobby-boss-j-29f-released/?p=2148922

5631bf2bb6733.jpg

V.P.

Dear Homebee, thank you very much for mentioning my name! I hope they will get it right as far as the model is concern! I did the best possible with my work in box art, but....i take no part in the making of the kit!!

All the best!!!

858444369_patience_yoda_answer_11_xlarge

V.P.

:hmmm:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Let's see the price, and the overall quality.

Sounds good, so buy one and write a good and independent review.

Very cool plane. I have seen it up close in the Aeroseum in Götenborg last summer. Impressive!

Best regards!

Edited by Robotics

Interesting! Most of it looks good, integrating the main wheel bay with the wings is a wise decision. Some errors, of course. The part behind the canopy has wrong shape, and the rear cockpit has the same error as Tarangus (the rear part of the side panels are rounded). Decals are better than the J 29 Tunnan ones, but are still crap. Maybe the stencils are useful, but roundels and numbers have to be replaced. But if the scale is correct, this could be built as a decent model of this great aircraft.

• Like 1

Let's see the price, and the overall quality.

Antoine,

You asked for it yourself so just giving you a kind push to the answer. And on top of that, you can help out your fellow modellers too!

Happy new year mongers!

J.

Some more upon this one: On the positive side are also the air brakes. Since they always were extended on a parked aircraft, these are essential for a Lansen. Still, both Tarangus and Heller decided not to include them. And the windscreen wiper is also included as a separate part. However, the decals are not only bad, they are also wrong. The red fields on the top side of the wings were never used on this individual, and there should be fields of squares on the lower sides. And the FARA (danger) markings are wrong. But, this is really not interesting since no serious modeller will use them anyway.

Besides that, this individual never flew as a J 32E with this markings. Originally, it was a J 32B fighter, later a J 32E for electronic warfare (with the antennas added), later a Swedish Air Force Historic Flight aircraft with some antennas removed and re-painted with its original markings. So the instruction sheet is wrong since it shows a J 32E with B markings. Although it is the same individual... It just did not carry this markings when it was operated an a J 32E...

And... Hello... Anyone still reading...?

Edited by Bjorn
  • Like 3

Compared to Tarangus is seems better, but there remains to be seen if they made it to scale...all in all as I do not expect anyone else doing 1/48 Lansen so more than few will find their place in my stash! Price should be around 35-40 Euros in Europe

Edited by Thomas V.