1/48 - Saab J-32B/E Lansen by Hobby Boss - released

Homebee

A close inspection from the recent MiG-31 announcement also indicates that Hobby Boss is to release in 2015-2016 a new tool 1/48th Saab J-32B/E Lansen kit - ref. 81752.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/TrumpeterModel/photos/pb.103526326472636.-2207520000.1418316818./393657967459469/?type=1&theater

1418311089_10846481_393657967459469_8813

Update:

J-32_zps8d8d6716.jpg

V.P.

MattMemory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 2

Very, interesting! I really want to know more about this! It sounds strange if it was a Tarangus rebox. But also a bit strange if HB would make another model of such an odd subject - since Tarangus one was released just three years ago. But if it is a completely new model, it sounds extremely interesting!!!

• 1 month later...

And here we go again...! now you may understand why Hasegawa isn't investing in new models....

No need to ask the Tarangus guys if they are happy ! Now just wait for the Viggen....

Madcop :fight:

Hasegawa not investing into new 1/48 toolings has nothing to do with Chinese Companies, they had all the time in the world to tool Viggen and Gripen as they intended ( Gripen may come...) it has to do everything with changing policies, poor management, shortsightness and more than a bit of arogance that alienated them first from modellers and eventually from retailers/distributors.

Their Draken was true bestseller even in time of huge price hikes ( 2008/9 ), especially non limited F/J and SF-35 boxings, and there is no doubt in my mind that had they continued with Viggen it would be even greater success.

I wish Tarangus all the best, but by outsourcing their kit to MPM Group they left space for another company to make ultimate(or close to) kit.

All of the before mentioned when tooling costs dropped to never before seen prices and when future "full run" companies like MPM are making huge advances in quality...

• 3 months later...

not looking bad from this angle!

they should have had a good example from Tarangus to check shape, no?

and it carries some ordnance!

what do the shape experts say?

not looking bad from this angle!

they should have had a good example from Tarangus to check shape, no?

and it carries some ordnance!

what do the shape experts say?

Well - based on the picture ( I know, I know...) it looks pretty good. I think i can just see the bulged cannon bays for the Aden guns. The intake splitters and bleed vents look OK too ( hope they have the underside ones too)

Just need to see how much it will be now.

Jonners

Well, that looks good from what i can see.

One thing that I noticed though, they got the air inlets on the top of the fuselage wrong, the ones in the picture was used on the A 32A Attack /S 32C Recce versions.

The J 32B/D/E had air scopes that was cut into the fuselage much like the ones in front of the vertical stabilizer.

• 3 months later...

This is good news BUT this seems like the 1/48 Hobbyboss F3H Demon story again...Hobbyboss makes good kits when they can copy or use major parts (from other manufacturers) for masters as it seems they did with the 1/48 Demon and 1/48 Fury (ala. Grand Phoenix)?? --which are good kits.

Good news for us since they prob. took the Tarangus kit and used it as a base for a master and added detail. Good News for US Bad News for new kit developers.

I wonder why Hobbyboss hasnt scaled down the FJ-4 and F3H to 1/72 scale since both kits in that scale are ancient and not very good on the detail side...perhaps this is the kryponite to their method since it doesnt seem they can pan or scale down easily....BUT arent these made with CAD design??? ANY THOUGHTS??

Steve,

Edited by Steven Corvi

This is good news BUT this seems like the 1/48 Hobbyboss F3H Demon story again...Hobbyboss makes good kits when they can copy or use major parts (from other manufacturers) for masters as it seems they did with the 1/48 Demon and 1/48 Fury (ala. Grand Phoenix)?? --which are good kits.

Good news for us since they prob. took the Tarangus kit and used it as a base for a master and added detail. Good News for US Bad News for new kit developers.

I wonder why Hobbyboss hasnt scaled down the FJ-4 and F3H to 1/72 scale since both kits in that scale are ancient and not very good on the detail side...perhaps this is the kryponite to their method since it doesnt seem they can pan or scale down easily....BUT arent these made with CAD design??? ANY THOUGHTS??

Steve,

apparently the Hobby Boss 1/48th T-34 is a scaled down version of the Trumpeter 1/16th T-34, I have been told a by a reliable source that Trumpeter are on one floor and Hobby Boss the other of the same factory building BTW.

There was an article on the Airfix site about their new 1/48th Defiant, http://www.airfix.com/uk-en/news/workbench/5334/ talking about problems of upscaling, though you can see similar problem with downscaling.

Hasegawa not investing into new 1/48 toolings has nothing to do with Chinese Companies, they had all the time in the world to tool Viggen and Gripen as they intended ( Gripen may come...) it has to do everything with changing policies, poor management, shortsightness and more than a bit of arogance that alienated them first from modellers and eventually from retailers/distributors.

Their Draken was true bestseller even in time of huge price hikes ( 2008/9 ), especially non limited F/J and SF-35 boxings, and there is no doubt in my mind that had they continued with Viggen it would be even greater success.

I wish Tarangus all the best, but by outsourcing their kit to MPM Group they left space for another company to make ultimate(or close to) kit.

All of the before mentioned when tooling costs dropped to never before seen prices and when future "full run" companies like MPM are making huge advances in quality...

I can't really see that outsourcing to MPM would leave space for another company any more than if Tarangus did it themselves. MPM have more experience in making kits too.

If the Draken was a good seller for Hasegawa then they must have been stupid not to do the Viggen.

If the Draken was a good seller for Hasegawa then they must have been stupid not to do the Viggen.

As the story goes, it seems that the Draken was quite a success.

I still hope to see a 1/48 Viggen by Hasegawa one day - that would be great!

Cheers!

Edited by FranciscoPRG

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Release is now expected for late December 2015.

Source: http://www.hobbyboss.com/index.php?g=home&m=article&a=show&id=53&l=en

Box art Saab J-32B/E Lansen - ref.81752

Another Kostas "planeart" Kavvathias illustration!

In the hope this kit won't suffer the same scale problem as the new tool "PoopieBoss'" J-29 Tunnan... http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234972803-148-saab-j-29-tunnan-family-by-hobby-boss-j-29f-released/?p=2148922

5631bf2bb6733.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee