Group Build Chat

Here, something I forgot to mention - http://www.battle-of-britain-75.co.uk/?utm_source=Webshop&utm_medium=Homepage&utm_campaign=92008950

Claim your free BoB 75th Anniversary commemorative medal. I have mine and it's a lovely piece. Just pay postage of £2.50 or slightly more if you want a nice presentation folder and booklet.

:D

• Like 1

Here, something I forgot to mention - http://www.battle-of-britain-75.co.uk/?utm_source=Webshop&utm_medium=Homepage&utm_campaign=92008950

Claim your free BoB 75th Anniversary commemorative medal. I have mine and it's a lovely piece. Just pay postage of £2.50 or slightly more if you want a nice presentation folder and booklet.

:D

Won`t you end up being bombarded with `special offers' in the future and have your details sold on to countless tele sales call centres,.......I`m a firm believer in there not being `owt for nowt'!

Cheers

Tony

not that it matters as my builds didn't make the final vote, but just so no accusations of foul play happen I only edited my post in the gallery as the links to the pics were dead as I've organised my Photobucket, spent the last couple of hours editing loads of post on multiple forums

• Like 1

Well done everyone another very successful GB. Thanks to all that took part and the Hosts who made sure that my job was easy and straight forward.

And of course congratulations to the winners. So can the winners please PM me their postal addresses and preferred email address and also mention whether you was 1st 2nd or third and I will pass your details to Casemate UK.

• Like 3

:wow: Congratulations to all and the winner, sure ! :fool:

I did not expect not to have at least one vote, but it is a race and right and proper way, congratulations again to PlaStyx!

I will offer you a glass of wine, but unfortunately we are far

:bye: Ettore

Edited by Ettore
  • Like 1

My congratulations to Stix and Tony - it was indeed a tough vote, but that was in itself an indication of the quality of all of the builds. There were a lot of really lovely models completed and I am proud to have put a few completed builds in the gallery for a group build that clearly meant as much to many of you as it did to me.

Cheers,

Stew

• Like 7

Congratulations to all who finished their models and to the entries who received most votes in this group build. Also my sincere thanks to the people who voted for my entries.

I did not expect not to have at least one vote, but it is a race

Neither did I. But I don't think you should see it as a competition as the voting wasn't based on common criteria.

I wasn't even aware that there will be some voting and I am over the moon that I managed to complete my two entries :thumbsup:

Cheers, Peter

• Like 3

Congratulations indeed to everyone and especially Stix, Stew and Tony - deserving winners!

I certainly enjoyed the GB, especially learning more, much more, about the participants in the BoB itself. It's sad to think that very few of 'the few' will be with us for the next five-year anniversary, but I for one will have a set of models that will remind me of their bravery.

• Like 5

What a great WIP this has been and a fine modelling tribute to `The Few'.

Congratulations to Stix and Stew for their excellent efforts and a big thank you to those people who voted for my Hurricane to put it into joint 3rd,.......I didn`t even expect it to reach the top 50 as the standard of this WIP was so good! I did however predict 1st and 2nd places as I found it hard to choose between them when I voted!

Well done everybody,.........lets do it again in 5 years time!

Cheers

Tony

• Like 5

Well done to the top 3,

What a fantastic first group build, I never expected to be in the final 50. It has enhanced my aircraft modelling no end, with tips from you all. I can't wait for my next GB.

• Like 3

Congrats to the three winners and to all participants and their excellent builds. :clap2:

Though I didn't manage to finish any of my three entries, it was a pleasure to participate and have the opportunity to share modelling tips and historical knowledge on this epic period of the WWII History.

Cheers

Jaime

• Like 2

First off I must say that this was a truly excellent GB and a big thank you must go to the hosts and Mish for setting it all up and running it so smoothly - especially when there were so many participants and completed builds. From what I read earlier in this Chat section I understand that this GB had the most ever completed builds and I think that says a lot about how massively important we feel the contribution of 'The Few' was and how interested we still are in the Battle of Britain.

Secondly I would like to thank everyone who contributed to my thread - my builds certainly wouldn't be what they are if it wasn't for the advice and support from fellow Britmodellers. So a huge thank you to: Ozzy, Cookenbacher, rob85, Antoine, nick32, franky boy, sean, stevej60, giemme, Greg Destec, BerndM, Fatboydim, sdk_uk, Biggles87, Wolwe82, wimbledon99, Eludia, AndyL, Hockyboy76, Gremlin56, UKguyinUSA, plasmahal, 72twink, theanorak73, Dan, Marty, Marek, Basilisk, Homerlovesbeer, Sidders, Mottlemaster, nmsekanik, Blitz23, modelling minion, Grey Beema, robvulcan, Stew Dapple and Troy Smith. (Hopefully I have included everyone.)

Thirdly: Well done to everyone who got completed builds into the Gallery - what fantastic viewing they all make.

Next I would like to thank everyone who voted for my builds in the first and final rounds. I am really amazed that they both did so well. I am well and truly chuffed! Thank you. And well done to Stew and Tony too - both great builds.

As some may have noticed I really love making Spitfires so, finally, I would like to acknowledge the contribution made by Edgar Brooks to Spitfire modelling who sadly passed away last week. I never met or corresponded with him but I often read and learnt a lot from his posts. He will be sadly missed and I will certainly be building a Spitfire or two in his memory.

Thank you all again.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 21