Group Build Chat

Voting on this GB is going to be entertaining - may I make a suggestion?

Since there are about 90 entries, rather than one vote for the best, and since the voting s/w can only handle a few at a time, we could have two rounds of voting? Split the entries up into the usual groups for the poll and allow people to vote for one in each group with then goes into the final selection where they vote for the winner?

Or is that going to take too long and is too complex?

Perhaps we can split them into Allied and Axis forces for the initial vote then go from there?

Edit - I can't begin to describe how hard it was to resist the temptation to call them 'goodies' and 'baddies' :lol:

Edited by Col.
  • Like 3

Another terrific GB to have taken part in, very atmospheric - and a worthy celebration of a point in history.

Thanks to the mods for enlivening it, and once again THANKS to MISH for putting up with us and keeping thing straight. Final little glitch with the gallery - Mish comes to the rescue.

Though I didn't manage to finish any of my 3 entries in time, it was great participating in this GB. Thanks all for the excellent builds, all the comments, tips and support and, above all, the high spirits and enthusiasm.

I'll be finishing my builds in the KUTA GB, hopefully :)

Cheers

Jaime

• Like 2

I think we now have all the completed and missed builds in the Gallery.

Are the hosts in agreement to close?

Fined by me. Also, with regard to the voting, have the various categories/prizes been arranged Mish? Cheers, Paul

Thanks Stu.

Pics were posted on my Blenheim MkI thread, with a time stamp of midnight, so build were definitely complete before the deadline.

Not phased about the competition, as taking part is the reward here.

Karl

• Like 1

Hi! Finished last night but didn't get an opportunity to post on the Gallery thread.

Can my pics be uploaded?

Karl

Karl please PM the hosts and myself when your on-line and one of us should be around to unlock the gallery long enough for you to upload your photos.

Edited by Mish

I used modellers' license and included Bordfunkers´ pair of Blenheims as being already entered in the gallery, so here´s a very likely to be final selection of finished models:

Hurricanes: 33 nope, just 32

Spitfires: 29

Bf 109:s: 21
Stukas: 5
Defiants: 5

Do 17: 3

He 111: 3

Blenheims: 3

Beaufighter: 1

Br.20M: 1

Cr.42: 1

Hs 126: 1

Fulmar: 1

Gladiator: 1

107 finished models!!! I may have a calculation error or two somewhere... :chair: but take it or leave it :winkgrin: it´s close enough. Participating and following this GB has been a real pleasure.

Thank you Procopius, Enzo Matrix, PaulR and of course Mish for hosting and arranging this! Regards, V-P.

Edited by vppelt68
  • Like 19

Gents

I have just spent an enjoyable 20 mins looking through the Gallery and I would like to congratulate every single one of you on entering - what a brilliant standard for all the builds.

Awesome work

• Like 10

Wil there be a poll for voting for this GB set up soon?

We're exploring our options -- the system has never had the opportunity (as my grandfather might have phrased it) to cope with so many submissions before.

• Like 1

We're exploring our options -- the system has never had the opportunity (as my grandfather might have phrased it) to cope with so many submissions before.

Howabout getting FIFA to organise the voteing...........

• Like 2

Howabout getting FIFA to organise the voteing...........

As much as I like the idea of getting a few backhanders, I feel it could possibly be antithetical to the spirit of the GB.

• Like 4

Hi. When there was over 100 submissions for the Less Than A Tenner GB the gallery was split in two - 3 pages in each. Seemed to work okay but may not be possible now. :shrug:

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/forum/462-less-than-a-tenner-group-build/

Hello everyone
I do not understand the problem; it is possible to adopt the voting system used for theMesserschmitt Bf 110 STGB ?

All people voting model more beautiful and one that has the most points wins

..................or perhaps, I have not really understood the problem of voting :shutup:

Ettore :bye:

Hello everyone

I do not understand the problem; it is possible to adopt the voting system used for theMesserschmitt Bf 110 STGB ?

All people voting model more beautiful and one that has the most points wins

..................or perhaps, I have not really understood the problem of voting :shutup:

Ettore :bye:

There's a limit to the number of options that can be included in a site poll. One of the happy side effects of the Axis losing the war is that the Bf 110 is far less popular a subject than the Battle of Britain.

• Like 1