Group Build Chat

Hmmmm, I do have a Blenheim mark 1 in the stash. As it's the Airfix one, not sure if it's too early or not.

Hey Charlie; it is feasible, Xtradecals have markings for a 219 Sqn Blenheim I from July 1940 here...

Cheers,

Stew

• Like 2

Hey Charlie; it is feasible, Xtradecals have markings for a 219 Sqn Blenheim I from July 1940 here...

Cheers,

Stew

Uh oh I just added it to my basket..... how do I hide it from the wife? I shouldn't really be buying anything! Stew your ok if I send her your way for an explanation right!?

Rob

• Like 2

Be warned there some very fragile peices, the pitot, elevator horns and aerial are thin with big sprue attachment points....

A common story with current Airfix offerings: the Hurricane and Spitfire (pertinent to this GB) are affected, as is the P40.

Mitch, having build both the hurri and several spits Id say there no comparison, for the most part if a part breaks it's heavy handness or bad luck but with the 109 it more than that, as the fact that all 3 have damaged aerials and spitfire pitots

Uh oh I just added it to my basket..... how do I hide it from the wife? I shouldn't really be buying anything! Stew your ok if I send her your way for an explanation right!?

Rob

Rob, if she looks like Susan George by all means send her my way :lol:

Cheers,

Stew

• Like 1

Drat. I was going to join up here, but not sure if I can do what I want to do - the a/c and the Sqn were there, it's the markings that might be a problem.

:badmood:

Edit. Sign me up (provisionally*)... further online lookery has revealed that all is well, and I will proceed with my Roden Sea Gladiator, using the kit decals to portray a Sea Glad serving with 804 NAS at RNAS Hatston, Orkney.

(* 'Provisionally', because me and GBs don't seem to get along. I may never even start it, but at least I'm owning up to it. ;) )

Edited by Rob G

Morning chaps - and PC's back!! Hey PC! :)

I've seen that face on Susan before... where was it... oh yes, in my dreams!

Just thinking folks and guidance please I,ve settled on Hurricane,spitfire and 109 in 48 scale as I,m sure I mention every other day! is it ok to build all

three in one WIP under one banner I know this complicates any polls at the end of the GB but I,m not bothered at all if it negates the entry, Nick Clegg,s

lot usually do better at the poles anyway!

Morning chaps - and PC's back!! Hey PC! :)

Hey Ced! Sorry, I've been under the weather since Wednesday last.

is it ok to build all

three in one WIP under one banner

I don't see any harm in it, and it keeps thing simple for you.

• Like 1