Group Build Chat

oh dear, after foolishly following xtradecals instructions on the first spit, I this time without releasing did not follow them, before trashing what may have been correct afterall, before I varnish the replacement perhaps worth an ask. On spitfire X4382 were was the starboard fuselage roundel placed?

edited for clarity

Edited by PhantomBigStu

maybe I wasn;t clear I referring to the starboard roundel, varfied the port side from that pic (which does suggest xtradecal got the fonts off)

Ah, thought you meant on the wings, my mistake entirely.

Just posted my Defiant and Blenheim in the gallery - that's me done :)

Thanks very much to Procopius, Enzo Matrix, PaulR and Stew for setting up and running this - my first GB and, obviously, not my last. What a ride!!! :hobbyhorse:

Off for a rest now and a re-arrangement of my workspace - I need more room on the bench - too many tools!!

• Like 4

Just posted my Defiant and Blenheim in the gallery - that's me done :)

Thanks very much to Procopius, Enzo Matrix, PaulR and Stew for setting up and running this - my first GB and, obviously, not my last. What a ride!!! :hobbyhorse:

Off for a rest now and a re-arrangement of my workspace - I need more room on the bench - too many tools!!

Congrats, Ced! I have yet to finish a build within the time frame of a GB. None till now...

Cheers

Jaime

• Like 1

Maybe move to a location where it is winter year round? That is my problem, when summer hits, very difficult to devote time at the bench. So now trying to play catch up, while only batting .500 with two completed out of four. Still have one more I've signed up for, but yet to start.

It would be nice to have a whole year, but I believe the explanation given is that people would get bored or run out of steam if a GB lasted that long? Mind you, if that does befall the modeller, they could potentially rejuvenate their interest if there was still enough time left in the calendar year.

regards,

Jack

Edited by JackG

If you´re curious, finished models in the Gallery by morning of 30 October are:

Hurricanes: 25
Bf 109:s: 18
Spitfires: 17
Stukas: 5
Defiants: 5
CR.42, Gladiator, Do 17, Hs 126, Fulmar, He 111 and Blenheim: 1 each

There are 76 models in 73 replies, as there are three Dogfight Doubles with 2 in 1, Jenko´s gorgeous DD being the latest entry in the gallery. With whopping 152 (!!!) build topics entered we´re nearing the mark where 50% of them are finished and I KNOW you´re going to make it by saturday :winkgrin:. Regards, V-P

• Like 5

Just posted the Beaufighter and that's me done😊 Thanks for setting up and running a great GB my second and by no means my last! time to regroup, reset, rest up and get ready for the next build! (Maybe next time sans aires cockpit sets...!)

• Like 3

Amazing work by everyone. I will try to find the magic minutes today to finish off my defiant....its sooooo close. Whether I finish or not it's been a great ride. Thank you everyone involved for organising.

D