Group Build Chat

Mazal Tov to one and all. so we made it was there any doubt!? Now so many kits, so many choices???? So little time. I for my part have never ventured into the 1/32 scale area and am think of doing the old or New Revell Spit. I have a PCM Hurricane and it may even be a toss up of following Brett Green's guidance on "making silk from a sows ear" and doing the Matchbox 109e

:yahoo: Excellent! I am hoping to do at least one Mk.I Spitfire (Tamiya) with some aftermarket stuff but I have some other ideas (if not the cash!!!).

Hope that's okay Procopius/Enzo Matrix?

Can't wait!! :yahoo:

Edited by PlaStix
  • Like 2

Well this is exciting! Only seven short months to wait.

:yahoo: Excellent! I am hoping to do at least one Mk.I Spitfire (Tamiya) with some aftermarket stuff but I have some other ideas (if not the cash!!!).

Hope that's okay Procopius/Enzo Matrix?

Oh, naturally. I'm quite excited to see what everyone builds.

Allowable subjects for this GB:

UK/Empire/Commonwealth/Free European forces

• Any aircraft from a Battle of Britain squadron during the Battle; eligible squadrons are so named in AMO N850, and can be found here or here.
  • Figure or vehicle kits modelling a vehicle or person that can be proven to have been at a Royal Air Force Battle of Britain airfield during the battle; the burden of proof to rest upon the builder.
  • RAF air-sea rescue launches that can be proven to have been in service during the battle; the burden of proof to rest upon the builder.

Axis Powers

• Any Luftwaffe aircraft from a unit participating in the Battle of Britain, within the timeframe of the Battle as accepted by the RAF. As the Germans lost the war (spoiler alert, sorry), they did not provide a convenient battle honor list of squadrons or whatever heathen unit organization they used for our delectation; this Order of Battle from August should serve as a useful starting point, and in general, it should be fairly obvious. As always, when in doubt, the burden of proof rests upon the builder.
  • Any aircraft from the dread Corpo Aero Italiano during the timeframe of the Battle as accepted by the RAF, an order of battle for which may be found here.

Obviously there are a lot of potential subjects that had to be left out, because for a time, the entirety of the war was the Battle of Britain, in one form or another. The omission or exclusion of anyone or thing from the build is in no way intended as a slight against their contribution to the final victory, and, if I may be so bold, to the preservation of a world worth living in. All played their part; but to keep the build manageable and thematically unified, we were forced to make some difficult choices.

I'm toying with the idea of a 1/48 CA Hudson ................................................................ :mental::mental::mental::mental::yikes::analintruder:

Before you ask................... YES totally bonkers.....

You guys are tempting me to get involved. Most likely use this as a good excuse to buy a Hurricane kit.

I hope to divide my builds into two categories: Made in Britain and Finished in Britain.

:lol:

• Like 2

Spitfire or Hurricane, or possibly both! I'll have to think up something interesting and different if I can - I've already done an RAF Gravesend BoB dio from a few years back, so will need to find a new twist...

Sadly by Dad was still an apprentice Electrician at Northfleet Paper MIlls at the time of the BoB and didn't get called up to the RAF until Feb '41 so I can't wrangle my ongoing project into this GB :)

Hi to Procopius and Enzo

I'm in this GB, soon will choose the kit............

What do you think about a V-156 Chesapeake Mk.I based at Lee on the Solent 1940 ?

is relevant to the GB ?

Ettore

Edited by Ettore
  • Like 1