GB Chat

Congrats to those that completed, as well as entered and made some progress, and thanks to the hosts.

I'd be in for another, whether it be next year or some later date. Don't think I could re-enter my uncompleted one, way past the usual 'already started' rule.

regards,

Jack

Ok folks after many hours of work I have managed to create a poll for this monster!

To try and keep it fair for all concerned I have broken it up into three sub-groups;

Resin Based models

VacForm Based models

Other Material Based models

This seemed the best and fairest way to sort them out, as each type of model has to be built in a completely different way.

The Poll will have the Auto-Close feature selected for Sunday the 13th at 23:59….whether it decides to “auto-close” at GMT time or Eastern Australian time will be left up to the gremlins that run the clock! So don’t leave it up until the last moment to vote because you may be too late…so vote early.

The poll will open on Saturday morning when I get out of bed, until then if you have a problem with how the poll was grouped, then please let me know and I will try and change it. Once I’m out of bed, and had a coffee, it will be open and too late to change.

As to thoughts of another GB…….well I will start the new thread very shortly….as I’m hungry!

• Like 1

The new build thread for Non-Injection Moulded II – “Return of the Blob” is up so jump on in and sign up.

Plus as mentioned I am after a catchy title along the lines of a dodgy monster movie so come up with something cool.

Many thanks for doing a brilliant job as host, Rich - I must confess I failed miserably in assisting you as co-host but life got in a way a little this summer so please accept my apologies.

I also failed miserably in getting the Beverley finished - it's currently sitting on the shelf of doom to rise another day... I just couldn't keep the motivation going on this one, which happens from time to time. I have all that's needed to get it done at some point, so it will one day grace the table at a show...

And well done to all for 'having a go' and very well done to those who finished some stunning models :)

Tom

Do we cast one vote in each of the three categories?

regards,

Jack

yeap, one vote in each category.

AND THE POLLS ARE OPEN! Gotta a nice cup of tea to get me going!

Oh and remember it auto closes at 23:59 on the 13th Sunday.....in some time zone ???? So vote early!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Well the voting has closed and though the standard of all the models was very high and all should be given a big pat on the back for doing such a good job, there are some that were seen to be outstanding.

Is the highest voted for model in each category are;

RESIN; a tie

canberraman with his amazing HS Andover

&

AndrewE with his beautifully presented HMAS Enterprise 1805

VACFORM;

Ray S with his amazing and rather large Short Singapore III

OTHER MATERIALS:

AndrewE with another beautifully finished model, 100mm Figure Trooper 1st Life Guards.

Congratulations to the above for presenting some truly lovely work and to everyone else for making this a successful GB whether you managed to complete your build or not.

Hopefully we will see you all again in 2017, we finally got this GB up, lets see if we can make it a Britmodeller GB regular.

• Like 5

Just a quick note to thank Rich very much for hosting this most enjoyable Group build which was both great fun and also allowed many of us to try something outside our comfort zones. I would also like to thank all of you who voted for my Andover and supported me during its construction. Well done also to everyone else who either got voted for or just finished by the deadline. There's some amazing workmanship on show here and I'm already looking forward to the next Group Build and competition.

Mark

• Like 2

Thanks Rich for doing such a great job in running this GB.

It has been great to see such a variety of subjects built from materials other than the usual injection moulded plastic and I look forward to round 2 hopefully in a couple of years, since I have never built a vac form kit I shall line one of them up for then.

Given the quality of the builds in the final gallery I feel very lucky to have received even one vote so to come equal first in one category and a winner in another I think is more a reflection on the difficulty of trying to make a comparison from so many completely different types of model in the same category. So thanks to everyone who was brave enough to vote for any of the builds on show.

Andrew

• Like 2

I would like to add my thanks to Rich for running this GB, it was an excellent group of builds one and all, and I really learnt a lot.

Thank you to all who voted for mine, it was really appreciated.

I will be in the next version of this, but during the build I did add to the non-injection moulded stash.

Thanks again all,

Kindest regards,

Ray