GB Chat

Thinking about a change of plan, I have a French GB to finish so I think the resin seaplane for this GB is either ambitious or more honestly unrealistic !

So I'm thinking about either an all resin Breda 88 or a resin and metal TSR2, neither has decals buts that's a problem for the future.

image.jpg1_zpswdmronyc.jpg

image.jpg2_zpsuanewihb.jpg

I fancy the TSR2, it's had the 3 sections of fuselage glued together, but that's all, bit worried I won't be able to get the decals, so unless we have a rush of Breda 88 fans on here I'll either start a new thread or change the existing one.

I await the moderators and fellow G Builders decision

Cheers Pat

The Breda would probably be the easiest and you should be able to pick up some fairly generic Italian Air Force decals of evilBay fairly easily.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Regia-Aeronautica-Bf-109-Breda-88-Reggiane-2000-1-72-decals-Tauro-72522-/331529473468?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d30b24dbc

This is not a bad set and it gives you a whole pile of other decals which are always handy.

The Wings Palette site has some colour schemes, a quick search in google should get you all the help you need.

Can I join with a Lilldraken (SAAB 210) in resin? It's the new 1:72 kit from Planet Models.

Resin parts, white metal landing gear and vacformed canopy should qualify this model kit in this group build.

Andreas / Rudolf_Filip

• 2 months later...

OK folks a little over one week to go, time to pull your fingers out and finish your builds.....that goes for me too (getting too distracted with other projects!)

There have been some truly amazing builds so far and I know for sure there are some equally amazing ones still in progress.

So time for one final push!!

Ignoring the fact I'm calendar reading challenged, by the above post, we actually finish this Sunday not next Sunday!!

So we all have, including myself just over two days to go. No stress or panic folks but time to pull a few all nighters to get these projects finished and up into the gallery.

There has been such a great response to this build that I would love to see as many builds as possible added to final completed list.

So dig in you're almost there!

• Like 2

AS I have mentioned (and PM'd those who asked), I tried to use the auto-lock feature and failed!! Rather than working on UK time it appears to decided to use the only one true time...ops I mean Eastern Australian time!

I expect a flogging from Mish for stuffing this up. :whip:

Will leave it open for a bit longer to make it fair.... but no cheating.

Again sorry folks for the stuffup

• Like 2

I must thank the hosts for getting this G/B from start to finish . :cheers: . Without the disiplin of the G/B rules and time frame my Tribflugel may well have had to wait for years on the to complete pile.

Thanks again

Alistair

Hello, I too would like to say a big THANK YOU to all those involved in running this GB and to those building in it. It has been a real education, and I know for a start I have learnt a lot from it.

I really enjoyed this, and if another comes along, I will happily join in again.

CHEERS!

Ray

I'm so glad everyone enjoyed the GB even though there was a wee stuff-up at the end....rotten Auto-Lock.

Enzo please PM Mish about the issue you had with the locked gallery, I'm sure she will allow you to post as you did raise the problem you had will before the official closing time!

As to Non-Injection Moulded GB II "The Thing from the Resin Dust!!"....... I'd love to do it again. I don't know if there is interest to try and get it up for next year or maybe give it a years break for some to recover?? Post your comments here and if there appears to be enough interest I'll start a new thread and count.

I will get a poll sorted to start hopefully on the weekend...I have to start going to work again!!

I'd like to say a big thank you to all those who came along for the fun whether you completed one (or many for some...crazy people!) or just didn't managed to quite finish in time. I do hope you all had fun and got a chance to experience or see some of the other wonderful forms or modelling and maybe continue with them or attempt one.

Was a great build with some truly wonderful models, the standard of all the builds unfinished or finished were of a very high standard so you can all be very proud of what you have built....so give yourselves a big pat on the back. :thumbsup::goodjob:

Plus you all made my task very easy so thank you......... so am looking forward the "The Thing from the Resin Dust!!" (or similarly suitable creepy title).

• Like 3

I'd be up for it again Rich - although my massive stash of resin kits has now reduced to zero...may have to be a vac-form next time (not done one since I was 16)