Group Build Chat

1ac85868edd58ce974672c00357be8b3.jpg

As you can see, its still sealed in its plastic bag. Such a pity to open it. Looks like I'll have get new glue for it. The wee squishy watchamacallit of glue has dried up.

Well, obviously we'd love you to make it for the GB but please don't feel pressured by us - didn't you mention something about 13th/14th Century French knights previously?

I wanted to add the Airfix 1:72 Concorde - but there are way too many GBs next year I want to take part so it will be something less ambitious.

Not sure yet but it will be either a 1:48 Air Racer from JMGT (either Potez 53 or Caudron 460) or a 1:72 Nord Griffon (FM) or an Eduard Mirage III converted to a IIIO in Australian markings and NMF (I just read that this would be OK, but maybe it will be too ambitios too). I guess I will decide no sonner than the GB starts...

Pics of the racer boxes:

Always liked those French racing aircraft, they're even more outrageous than the American racers! Always liked the Caudron.

Mind if i join in? Ive got a Tamiya Leclerc in the stash that i've had a while but need a nudge to start it!

Regards

Steve

As Enzo says, we'd be insulted if you didn't.

Wez

1ac85868edd58ce974672c00357be8b3.jpg

6dbfe754a0109fd8d7a17353e6d5dff4.jpg

As you can see, its still sealed in its plastic bag. Such a pity to open it. Looks like I'll have get new glue for it. The wee squishy watchamacallit* of glue has dried up.

Flaming WOW!!! Are the three Village People also in the box?

No, really you HAVE to build this wonderful thing -it would hurt not to!

(* Ignore that thing -they are only for use if you suffer from the old 'Farmer Giles'.)

Flaming WOW!!! Are the three Village People also in the box?

No, really you HAVE to build this wonderful thing -it would hurt not to!

(* Ignore that thing -they are only for use if you suffer from the old 'Farmer Giles'.)

I believe I can see body parts on the frames.

I'll not open it now. I'll open it just before the GB starts; its in case I loose any of the parts.

Baggies, blisters, boxes, no matter how they come; the model will be built,

resistance is futile, it will be assembled!

I think I've got one or two 14thC French figures. I need to dig through the figures box and see who I have.

Would a Genoese in the service of France fit in?

I think I've got one or two 14thC French figures. I need to dig through the figures box and see who I have.

Would a Genoese in the service of France fit in?

I think you'd have to justify that one, how could we tell a Genoese in French service from an ordinary Genoese? I'd be interested to find out, every day is a school day so come on Black Knight, tell us, we're waiting! :popcorn:

Wez

14th Century; the Genoese were the masters of the crossbow on the battlefield. They were mercenary, but only the French King could afford them and use them in great number. King Philip VI put about 6000 in the field against Edward III at Crecy. They wore red/green parti-coloured tunics [ancient colours of Genoa] sur-coted with the Ancient arms of France, a blue field with gold Lillies [fleur de lys] and the same upon their pavises [sort of shields].

I suppose you'd have to take it on trust if I say the figure is a Genoese at Crecy. If I were to build him.

But I think I have a couple of k-k-k-k-nig-its which are 14th Frenchmen, but again, its their surcotes which will say who they are as everyone wore similar armour at that period.

• Like 1

14th Century; the Genoese were the masters of the crossbow on the battlefield. They were mercenary, but only the French King could afford them and use them in great number. King Philip VI put about 6000 in the field against Edward III at Crecy. They wore red/green parti-coloured tunics [ancient colours of Genoa] sur-coted with the Ancient arms of France, a blue field with gold Lillies [fleur de lys] and the same upon their pavises [sort of shields].

I suppose you'd have to take it on trust if I say the figure is a Genoese at Crecy. If I were to build him.

But I think I have a couple of k-k-k-k-nig-its which are 14th Frenchmen, but again, its their surcotes which will say who they are as everyone wore similar armour at that period.

Sounds good to me.

I'm convinced - Enzo, what do you think?

I'm in with either a Qatari Mirage 2000 or a Spanish Mirage F1 if that's ok.

Both are VERY OK, good to see Mirages in other nationalities markings :thumbsup:

Wez

Edited by Wez
  • Like 1

I am in for this one. And to show my truly self abuse tendencies I have looked through the stash and am going to force myself to do the Mach 2 1/48 Bloch 174. I have just looked in the box to be reminded of how wonderfully molded Mach 2 kits are and figure I can do another French plane from the left over flash!! I may regret this. The canopies are a nice frosty color so looks like I don't have to worry about the highly detailed interior being displayed.

• Like 5

I am in for this one. And to show my truly self abuse tendencies I have looked through the stash and am going to force myself to do the Mach 2 1/48 Bloch 174. I have just looked in the box to be reminded of how wonderfully molded Mach 2 kits are and figure I can do another French plane from the left over flash!! I may regret this. The canopies are a nice frosty colour so looks like I don't have to worry about the highly detailed interior being displayed.

Love those early war French twin engined aircraft, the Bloch 174 along with the Potez 63x series and the Breguet 69x series are interesting and not unattractive aircraft. Looking forward to seeing this one.

As I've said before, I'll be in with a Mirage III in RAAF markings (new Kinetic kit) or a Hobby Boss Rafale, both in 1/48 scale obviously.

That'll be good, love Mirages and actually find the Rafale an extremely attractive aircraft with some stunning schemes - like this...

Dassault-RafaleBxx.gif

• Like 1

In with something with wings...

At the moment I'm thinking of Airfix's old Super Myster B2, French aircraft in French markings.

How's this for some inspiration?

SMB2_1971_12-ZO_mc.jpg

although, having seen the new Special Hobby kit in 1/48th, I'm tempted to do one of these...

F86K_1961_54863_13-SP_eb.jpg

or even one of these...

F100_1972_11-EV-mc.jpg

But if the Tan Model kit comes out in time, I'd be seriously tempted into doing one of these...

Photo_34_-RF84-F_WEB.jpg

The first three photos can be found on the site in this link which looks as though it would be an invaluable resoursce... http://www.escadrilles.org/photos/

Wez

Still wrangling with this one, was going to be an Airfix 1/72nd SMB2 Super Mystere, then it was going to be a Hobby Boss 1/48th Mirage IIIC but then Airfix have promised us their new 1/48th Hurricane by March soooooooooooo...

Plenty of time to change my mind.

Wez

That'll be good, love Mirages and actually find the Rafale an extremely attractive aircraft with some stunning schemes - like this...

Dassault-RafaleBxx.gif

Hobby Boss does a very nice 1/72 version of this plane complete with these decals. Here is the build thread I recently did with it http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234963169-172-hobby-boss-rafale-b-tiger-meet/.

• Like 1

Hobby Boss does a very nice 1/72 version of this plane complete with these decals. Here is the build thread I recently did for it http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234963169-172-hobby-boss-rafale-b-tiger-meet/.

Nice one George! Any more like that you want to pull out of the hat please be my guest.

Wez