Group Build Chat

Alló, alló, listen carefully, because I will tell you this only once; I found the Heller 1:43 Peugeot 905 hidden deep in my attic and will try to build it in this GB, but I need to finish a Kittyhawk and a Macchi first. There should be plenty of time though (and these are the so often said, infamous last words). So see you (much) later, regards, V-P

• Like 1

Ok some more French Photos this time Mirage's and others

DSC_1051.jpg

DSC_1276.jpg

DSC_1288.jpg

DSC_1641.jpg

DSC_1176.jpg

That's it for now Wez will not be able to stand to much more with the Mirages.

Paul

Edited by PaulT 876
  • Like 5

Ok some more French Photos this time Mirage's and others

DSC_1641.jpg

DSC_1176.jpg

That's it for now Wez will not be able to stand to much more with the Mirages.

Paul

Paul,

Thanks for posting these, I've selected my favourite of the Mirage 2000's, I just wish there was a decent kit of the type in 1/72nd. Love the Transall too with that patchy finish.

Hi,

I am really tempted to join this group build but I have to finish my Mig-17 for the LBAF GB first.

Is anybody building a Corsair?

If not then I would like to build an F4U-7 based in Algeria.

Craig.

Craig,

No Corsair yet but it wouldn't matter if there was, another one would be just as welcome. So come on in!

Wez

• Like 1

Paul,

Thanks for posting these, I've selected my favourite of the Mirage 2000's, I just wish there was a decent kit of the type in 1/72nd. Love the Transall too with that patchy finish.

Craig,

No Corsair yet but it wouldn't matter if there was, another one would be just as welcome. So come on in!

Wez

Indeed! :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot guys, you can count me in!

I will post the usual start up pictures in a day or two, by which time my Mig should be nearly finished.

Craig.

• Like 2

I was wondering if the Heller super Puma exocet kit would be eligible or would this be considered a "what if" as I don't think the Aéronavale ever used it?

I think the Brazilian and Chilean Navies used this variant of the super puma but I don't have any decals for these and would prefer to do the Aéronavale scheme.

I was wondering if the Heller super Puma exocet kit would be eligible or would this be considered a "what if" as I don't think the Aéronavale ever used it?

I think the Brazilian and Chilean Navies used this variant of the super puma but I don't have any decals for these and would prefer to do the Aéronavale scheme.

There are no Super Puma in the Aéronautique navale.

Patrick

• Like 1

Aaron,

If it's this aircraft in this scheme and actual markings I would class it as a demonstrator and thus eligible

http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviation-photos/photos/1/1/1/0992111.jpg

Wez

• Like 1

Thats the one Heller provide decals for F-WZJK (c/n 2001), although they don't have all the aérospatiale stencils

165318-11185-83.jpg

thanks Wez

*edit*

Just done a quick search and F-WZJK was the first serial produced Super Puma AS-332. Helis.com has another photo of this aircraft; this photo and the one you linked to airliners.com don't have the Aéronavale roundel, the Heller kit does. I think using the roundel decals from heller may be considered "what if" but with out them would be okay. Not sure what to do about the "aérospatiale" stencils though... I'll figure something out.

cheers

Mods... Is it worth starting a thread on colour references - especially with regards to common paint brands such as Tamiya, Humbrol etc?

I've checked the IPMS Stockholm charts, and while they are good, there are gaps! For example the chamois interior colour - web references point to it as being everything from Humbrol 74 (linen) to 93 (sand).

Some help would definitely be welcome - I have most of the Humbrol authentication range incidentally, but how helpful are they?

Chris

• Like 1

Mods... Is it worth starting a thread on colour references - especially with regards to common paint brands such as Tamiya, Humbrol etc?

I've checked the IPMS Stockholm charts, and while they are good, there are gaps! For example the chamois interior colour - web references point to it as being everything from Humbrol 74 (linen) to 93 (sand).

Some help would definitely be welcome - I have most of the Humbrol authentication range incidentally, but how helpful are they?

Chris

Chris,

That seems a reasonable idea to me, feel free to start a thread in the references section.

FWIW, on the French aircraft I worked on the shade of Chamois is closest to Hu93.

Wez

• Like 1

For example the chamois interior colour - web references point to it as being everything from Humbrol 74 (linen) to 93 (sand).

FWIW, on the French aircraft I worked on the shade of Chamois is closest to Hu93.

Chris, a thread like that would be most appreciated.

Wez, thanks for the pointer on chamois.

Possibly a case of not being able to see the wood for the trees, has anyone got any clear pictures or drawings of the Mirage 5's underwing pylons - I'm thinking about building a Belgian Mirage 5BA from the 1/72nd scale Heller kit but it only contains the underwing tanks.

Thanks

Possibly a case of not being able to see the wood for the trees, has anyone got any clear pictures or drawings of the Mirage 5's underwing pylons - I'm thinking about building a Belgian Mirage 5BA from the 1/72nd scale Heller kit but it only contains the underwing tanks.

Thanks

Good morning Richard

I think you might find some interesting infos here

http://www.master194.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=83942

Patrice

• Like 1

Thats the one Heller provide decals for F-WZJK (c/n 2001), although they don't have all the aérospatiale stencils

165318-11185-83.jpg

thanks Wez

*edit*

Just done a quick search and F-WZJK was the first serial produced Super Puma AS-332. Helis.com has another photo of this aircraft; this photo and the one you linked to airliners.com don't have the Aéronavale roundel, the Heller kit does. I think using the roundel decals from heller may be considered "what if" but with out them would be okay. Not sure what to do about the "aérospatiale" stencils though... I'll figure something out.

cheers

I have a vague idea that Saudi Arabia has/had Exocet armed Pumas? Can't find any photos though.

Trevor

EDIT

Wotabout Chile?

http://fotos.miarroba.es/fo/bb4d/2B504930CD294FE9E000234FE9DF85.jpg

• Like 1

cheers Trevor. I like the idea of the demonstrator (being the first serial production too) but the Saudi one is appealing. I know they used the AS332F. Found some photos here, no exocet photos but some other ordinance in the photos, not sure what that is though?

http://www.dstorm.eu/pages/en/saudi/puma.html

http://www.dstorm.eu/pictures/nose-arts/puma/saudi/716_1.jpg

I have the zotz decals of the world (middle east) so will see if the sheet will cover me for the saudi option.

cheers

Aaron

• Like 1

cheers Trevor. I like the idea of the demonstrator (being the first serial production too) but the Saudi one is appealing. I know they used the AS332F. Found some photos here, no exocet photos but some other ordinance in the photos, not sure what that is though?

http://www.dstorm.eu/pages/en/saudi/puma.html

http://www.dstorm.eu/pictures/nose-arts/puma/saudi/716_1.jpg

I have the zotz decals of the world (middle east) so will see if the sheet will cover me for the saudi option.

cheers

Aaron

Go on Aaron, build the Saudi one!

I bet you won't find another done in that scheme.

The ordnance on the top photo is a gun pod, 20mm I believe.

Craig.

• Like 1