Group Build Chat

Been looking through my option for this GB and I have the following:

1:48 Kinetic E-2C which would be built in E-2000 standard. This is my preferred build for this GB but it is time dependant.

1:72 AZ Models G-36A (Wildcat 1)

1:72 Airfix F4U Coursair in Suez markings

1:72 Italeri Rafale M to be built in 70th Anniversary Special scheme

1:72 Heller Mirare FIIIE Markings for 2 planes for E.C.2/4 with zaps Though this might be kept for the Mirage STGB

1:72 Airfix Magister Markings for two planes from EEVSV

1:72 Airfix Gladiator as K7939 '1' of 1Groupe de Chase 'Alsace'

1:72 Revell Mirage 2000 'Tiger Meet' but if built might wear different markings.

Choices, choices

• Like 2

The Gladiator they took over from the RAF they had about 5 or 6 as far as I can tell.

Its on my very long list to build.

Glad to see decals out now.

Paul

• Like 1

Gloucester Gladitor Mk 1 Xtradecal X72183

Glad_zpsbm18giv9.jpg

You just gotta do it! What a brilliant subject that would be, and is anyone else building anything like it??!

Edited by AngstROM
  • Like 2

Have we started already? I guess not. But if I, say, glue fuselage halves I'm still within 25% next Sunday, right?

Calm down you! Once you get started you won't be able to hold yourself back and then you'll be scratching around for another subject - unless of course you subscribe to the Enzo school of build everything!

Okay I'll make this one first reserve in case I don't have time to tackle the E2000 Hawkeye

Make it anyway!

Seriously though that is one of the coolest Gladiators ever.

Trevor

Checked the stash and found several options....

- The Airfix Super Mystere that I had initially planned. As someone is already building one I wonder if it would be better to do something else to add some variety..

- Some Smer boxes of old Heller classics, including the De.510 and 520. The latter is quite crude, the former however is not a bad kit

- A number of Mirage F.1s, that however are already supposed to be built in different markings (Gabon and Kuwait). I know they're French and allowed, but I'd like to do something in French markings

- A number of Mirage III, as above

- A Hellcat that would look good in Aeronavale markings. Don't have decals though

- An old Airfix Skyraider... very bad model and would need some work to convert into the French variant. I have a decal sheet for these though

- The Azur Vought Vindicator, French variant with French markings. Now this is tempting even if it's not French built

- The SH 1/48 Maryland, again in French markings... very nice kit, plenty of plastic and resin. But would I be able to complete a 1/48 kit in time ?

- An Airfix navy Lynx with French markings in the box... may need some work however to add the specific Aeronavale differences

Hard to decide now. I know someone will suggest to build them all but I know I would need a 4 month holiday to just try.. :lol:

• Like 1

The Airfix Super Mystere that I had initially planned. As someone is already building one I wonder if it would be better to do something else to add some variety

Just because someone else is going it doesn't stop you giving it a go. I've been in GB's where me and others built the same subject not just the same type. It is always interesting to see how different people approach the same thing.

• Like 2

Hi Enzo and Wez,

I've recently joined britmodeller, and would love to join this groupbuild.

I would like to do a 1/48 Nieuport 23 in dutch markings. I already have the decals. (uhm, yeah, I just need to find the kit)

I also have a 1/72 Revell P-47 with french decals in the box, but I don't know if that's acceptable because Jasonb13 has planned building one already. In my defense, mine is a bubbletop, not a razorback. :whistle:

Anyway, will find something suitably french if I may join, s'il vous plait?

edit: well, while I was typing you answered the p47 question already. Now that is what I call quick service!

Edited by Dorbeck
  • Like 2

Hi Enzo and Wez,

I've recently joined britmodeller, and would love to join this groupbuild.

I would like to do a 1/48 Nieuport 23 in dutch markings. I already have the decals. (uhm, yeah, I just need to find the kit)

I also have a 1/72 Revell P-47 with french decals in the box, but I don't know if that's acceptable because Jasonb13 has planned building one already. In my defense, mine is a bubbletop, not a razorback. :whistle:

Anyway, will find something suitably french if I may join, s'il vous plait?

edit: well, while I was typing you answered the p47 question already. Now that is what I call quick service!

Dorbeck,

You've already got the answer on the P-47, we'd be pleased to see it.

Likewise your Nieuport in Dutch markings would be great too - so go find that kit! If you can't find the kit, anything else French will do nicely.

Welcome to the GB and I see this was your 2nd post, so welcome to BM.

Wez

Edited by Wez
  • Like 1

My Citroen C5,s drivers window mechanism has packed in as did my Picasso before it,I can only hope their aircraft canopies worked better! Good moaning!

Hi all, I'd like to join if that's ok? Nothing out of the ordinary, just the Eduard 1/48 Mirage IIIC in 48 scale that I have had stashed away since first released. I will post a thread as I have a question re the colour scheme.

Thanks

FF

• Like 1

Hi all, just wanted to say how pleased I am with the proposed build threads we have already - 26 as I type ranging from biplanes to jets, cars, a submarine and now a figure, this is excellent and just what I wanted for this GB.

Thanks to you all who've posted build threads already. For those of you that haven't decided what to do yet there's plenty of time to decide and there's plenty of room for you.

Wez

• Like 2