Group Build Chat

Is there a listing of participants for this GB? I'd like to join, but I don't recall if I've already done so! D'oh!

You signed up previously before the thread was closed after the vote (are you still following me? Well done if you are)!

At the weekend I'll put a list up of those who said they were interested previously and those who've expressed an interest in this thread - if you catch my drift?

Wez

• Like 1

Is there a listing of participants for this GB? I'd like to join, but I don't recall if I've already done so! D'oh!

Not as such. However, you don't need to be on any list. Once the GB starts, you open a build thread and jump right in! :welcome: to the GB!

• Like 1

Both figures are now in hand, mes amis....

IMG_6350_zpsswn1y2vf.jpg

Both are 54mm white metal.

The one on the left is a Dragoon private in a line regiment, the one on the right a sergeant in the Voltigeur company of a line battalion. Both are in campaign order, though for the sergeant this is a bit more of a departure from parade in the barrack square than it is for the dragoon private..

It has been a while since I did one of these, but I hope, at least, not to make too much of a hash of them....

• Like 3

I will do the 48th FM MS 475 Vanneau with the Markings from the Berna Decals BD 48-32 sheet.

The a/c is from DERO 305 Alger Maison - Blanche in 1953.

That's a French kit Decals and French subject, just pop a small splash of pastis in the paint and its the paints sorted.

Well that's the plan all the bits are in the box ready for the off.

I might do another build we shall see how this one gets on, I have loads of choice.

Paul

• Like 2

Both figures are now in hand, mes amis....

It has been a while since I did one of these, but I hope, at least, not to make too much of a hash of them....

There's absolutely no reason why you would make a hash of these figures, looking forward to seeing these progress.

I will do the 48th FM MS 475 Vanneau with the Markings from the Berna Decals BD 48-32 sheet.

The a/c is from DERO 305 Alger Maison - Blanche in 1953.

That's a French kit Decals and French subject, just pop a small splash of pastis in the paint and its the paints sorted.

Well that's the plan all the bits are in the box ready for the off.

I might do another build we shall see how this one gets on, I have loads of choice.

Paul

Always liked the Vanneau, always in my mind it comes across as an obstinately French response to the Texan. Some very colourful schemes on these aircraft too, good luck with this one!

Now, I either go for a 1/72 C-160 Transall, a 1/144 hawkeye or the New Kinetic 1/48 Mirage IIIE. Hmm tough choice

I'm with Enzo on this one, make all three!

Wez

Always liked the Vanneau, always in my mind it comes across as an obstinately French response to the Texan. Some very colourful schemes on these aircraft too, good luck with this one!

The inline-engine 475 reminds me of an enlarged Miles Master I. The radial-engine 470 looks like it would be at home on the deck of a WW2 US carrier.

haha Mish! Have you flown easyJet recently? I mean, I'm not being nasty but I've not seen many like those girls above on my crew! ;)

Actually, looking at that phot again, doesn't the third from the left look like Donny Osmond?! :)

Enzo, move to France!

Well, Enzo, I think you wanted the weather, the cars and the girls. I declare that we have all three!

Mish, what woz you doin' in Looton? specially in da Hangar?

I was perusing my stash for suitable candidates and spied these two beauties. I am sure either one of these fine aircraft would qualify; a Mirage Or this Rafale M

The aircraft would most certainly qualify. The markings... not so much I'm afraid.

You mean the IdolM@ster Air Force is not a recognized entity!! Oh horrors!! How often does one get to see a pink Rafale? Back to the drawing board. Thanks for indulging me in a bit of fun.

• Like 2

You mean the IdolM@ster Air Force is not a recognized entity!! Oh horrors!! How often does one get to see a pink Rafale? Back to the drawing board. Thanks for indulging me in a bit of fun.

Ms Takatsuki appears to be registering her displeasure already...!

(Maybe she wanted the Rafale?)

• Like 1

In addition to my Flamant, I've found a car kit for this. Very French, a Citroen Avant Traction thingy to 1/72nd . Kit by ACE.

PS: Couldn't think of anything to try and get away with something French Canadian/Quebecoise.... :whistle:

• Like 2