Group Build Chat

Happy Birthday me old fruitcake (50 is so 3yrs ago). I hopefully will be joining this GB with a 1/144th Armee de L'Air DC-8-72F.

Thanks Mucker, be good to have you along on this GB too, just Googled Armee de L'Air DC-8-72F and came up with this - very attractive scheme. Which kit will you be using?

f-rafg.jpg

Wez

• Like 1

One of these from me. Its French and also rather fancy!

Leclerc_zps8402ca66.jpg

This may be done in UN markings for a vehicle from the Lebanon a few years back.

Regards,

Steve

Good choice that man!

Dear friends.

I have a desire to participate in the GB model ATR-72 in 1/144 scale.

ATR-72 is produced by the company "Avions de Transport Regional", belongs to France and Italy. The aircraft to be in the livery UTair (Russia)

I can participate?

Dear friends.
I have a desire to participate in the GB model ATR-72 in 1/144 scale.
ATR-72 is produced by the company "Avions de Transport Regional", belongs to France and Italy. The aircraft to be in the livery UTair (Russia)
I can participate?

Welcome to the GB.

TBH, I never realised that the ATR-42/ATR-72 were Franco-Italian, I thought they were just a French product, you learn something new every day.

I've consulted with my partner in crime (Enzo), and we think this qualifies as the company headquarters is in France - so we'd love to see your UTair ATR-72, will it be in the colour scheme with the flowers on the fin?

Wez

Thanks Mucker, be good to have you along on this GB too, just Googled Armee de L'Air DC-8-72F and came up with this - very attractive scheme. Which kit will you be using?

f-rafg.jpg

Wez

I will be using the Minicraft kit along with some decals by Fdcal, which is the scheme above.

• Like 1

I will be using the Minicraft kit along with some decals by Fdcal, which is the scheme above.

That's nice, I like that lots!

Wez

I'm still undecided... I have the usual complement of Mirages, various types, some of them in quite striking Tiger Meet markings, an old Heller Alouette III, sundry bits of Froggie armour and one or two F1 cars as well. We'll see what strikes my (French) fancy when the time arrives.

I'm still undecided... I have the usual complement of Mirages, various types, some of them in quite striking Tiger Meet markings, an old Heller Alouette III, sundry bits of Froggie armour and one or two F1 cars as well. We'll see what strikes my (French) fancy when the time arrives.

Build 'em all! You know you want to... :wicked:

• Like 1

If only Enzo, if only... I need to meet a rich woman who will keep me in the style to which I would like to become accustomed, and then I'll have lots of free modelling time. Work does take up so much time.

I might be tempted by this fellow ...

fr_825_800.jpg

He's a demi-rond (low relief) figure of a Napoleonic French hussar - or maybe a chasseur-a-cheval - made, I think, by Metal Models

The reverse ...

fr_826_800.jpg

Showing the depth of the horse (rider similar)

fr_827_%20800.jpg

Edited by Robert Stuart
  • Like 2

fr_825_800.jpg

He's a demi-rond (low relief) figure of a Napoleonic French hussar - or maybe a chasseur-a-cheval - made, I think, by Metal Models

That's an interesting choice and should be quite colourful too. I'm always in admiration of figure modellers, their painting skills leave me in awe.

Welcome to the GB.

Wez

That's an interesting choice and should be quite colourful too. I'm always in admiration of figure modellers, their painting skills leave me in awe.

Welcome to the GB.

Wez

The braid on his pelisse (jacket) may beat me yet ...

fr_825_800.jpg

The reverse ...

Showing the depth of the horse (rider similar)

With a shako, I think he is a Hussar as the Chasseur à cheval in the Imperial Guard had a big fur-hat (I do not know the right English word for that)

Patrick

the Chasseur à cheval in the Imperial Guard had a big fur-hat (I do not know the right English word for that)

A busby? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Busby

Or a bearskin? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bearskin

• Like 1

Maybe this one could be interesting as well

Patrick

DC8_Sarigue-NG-(8).jpg

Too be honest being an ex member of 51 Sqn, I would love to make one of these, as I did actually see one whilst in the gulf region, but I can never find markings or what is actually required for the conversion.

I didn't mean to stir up a hornet's nest ...

I'll leave the figure with a shako, they tended to be more colourful.

The colpack (aka busby), would suggest an elite company, or, maybe, a guards chasseur-a-cheval

A selection of headgear ... http://www.turnerlaughlin.com/img/tlcatalogue.html