Sci Fi II Group Build

Thought I had some pics of where it's all at, but can't find them.....Essentially the kits I started with currently have about 50% more parts than they originally did and I've added some details to one or two of them, nothing more than that.

I'd like to try and enter with an item Ive yet to see,

So if it pleases me lords and ladies, I'll have the Rolls Royce made ready and prepared for Lady P to help those Gentlemen of International Rescue..... Right after Ive finished polishing the silverware!

• Like 4

Having thought about it over Christmas...(well, last night actually), will be the AMT Podracer for me, hopefully in a diorama.

I know - it's not a very well thought-of kit, especially when the alternative is a Halcyon Sulaco! But I think the Sulaco deserves an improvement in my skills before attempting it.

All the best,

Dermot

Having thought about it over Christmas...(well, last night actually), will be the AMT Podracer for me, hopefully in a diorama.

I know - it's not a very well thought-of kit, especially when the alternative is a Halcyon Sulaco! But I think the Sulaco deserves an improvement in my skills before attempting it.

All the best,

Dermot

It's a challenge to build, Dermot; not so much because it's a bad kit, it's just an uninteresting one for some reason (I've certainly built worse ones, and had more fun doing them). If you conquer it, well done to you. My local model club tried building one each a number of years ago as a group build kind of thing... the only person who finished theirs was our resident Sci-Fi nutter. I should dig mine out for the next KUTA and get it done.

• Like 1

It's a challenge to build, Dermot; not so much because it's a bad kit, it's just an uninteresting one for some reason (I've certainly built worse ones, and had more fun doing them). If you conquer it, well done to you. My local model club tried building one each a number of years ago as a group build kind of thing... the only person who finished theirs was our resident Sci-Fi nutter. I should dig mine out for the next KUTA and get it done.

Personally I think the pod is interesting - it is just the character who pilots it which makes it a bit uninspiring to me. But what keeps me from building mine is that I have no idea how to make the power coupling between the engines look good

:shrug:

I am sure it can be build into a very nice model and definitely look forward to Dermots build. :popcorn:

Rene

• Like 2

Apologies for the late confirmation, but I'm in for this one (and I voted!)

Not entirely sure what to build, but I'm tempted to do the 1/6 resin GERTY from Moon, since it looks like an amazing kit. The problem is it's going to need a bit of scratch work to make a decent setting/stand for it.

Cheers,

Will

Apologies for the late confirmation, but I'm in for this one (and I voted!)

Not entirely sure what to build, but I'm tempted to do the 1/6 resin GERTY from Moon, since it looks like an amazing kit. The problem is it's going to need a bit of scratch work to make a decent setting/stand for it.

Cheers,

Will

Hi Will,

No problem, I've put you on the list with the Gerty kit, if you change your mind, let me know.

Cheers,

Rick

• Like 1

Last night I watched (and thoroughly enjoyed) Marvel's Avengers (or, as it is known in the UK, Avengers Assemble).

The SHIELD helicarrier had a number of Alpha Jets and odd-looking AV-8Bs aboard. Would these be eligible for this GB?

Edited by Enzo Matrix

Last night I watched (and thoroughly enjoyed) Marvel's Avengers (or, as it is known in the UK, Avengers Assemble).The SHIELD helicarrier had a number of Alpha Jets and odd-looking AV-8Bs aboard. Would these be eligible for this GB?

Don't see why not. But the SHIELD helicarrier would be a really nice project though. Wouldn't it?

ATB,

Rick

Personally I think the pod is interesting - it is just the character who pilots it which makes it a bit uninspiring to me. But what keeps me from building mine is that I have no idea how to make the power coupling between the engines look good

:shrug:

Rene

I built the podracer years ago and had the same opinion of the power coupling, I used the sprue from the power coupling and stretched it into several much thinner filaments. The filaments then had random sharp angles added with a suitably heated knife. The end result was better than the kits coupling, but not perfect.

I wish I had some pictures to demonstrate but the kit went in the rubbish several years ago after a house move.

Cheers,

Stuart

• Like 1

Last night I watched (and thoroughly enjoyed) Marvel's Avengers (or, as it is known in the UK, Avengers Assemble).

The SHIELD helicarrier had a number of Alpha Jets and odd-looking AV-8Bs aboard. Would these be eligible for this GB?

Don't see why not. But the SHIELD helicarrier would be a really nice project though. Wouldn't it?

ATB,

Rick

:popcorn:

OK I am sticking my head around the corner as this will be the first ever GB I have or maybe able to enter :)

Can I join in with either

am3zvb.jpg

Figure I have and in the stash still thinking of the colours to paint her in.

Or at the moment I have a fasination with Gundam or Gunpla and as yet not bought one yet, will buy one in the next few weeks, can a Gundam kit also quailfy for the Sci-Fi GB?

Edited by Knikki
  • Like 3

Worth ago if you want Will :) just done a Google on Femshep and there are some nice 28mm figures of her around, but think I would want to bigger one than that.

Edited by Knikki

OK I am sticking my head around the corner as this will be the first ever GB I have or maybe able to enter :)

Can I join in with either

am3zvb.jpg

Figure I have and in the stash still thinking of the colours to paint her in.

Or at the moment I have a fasination with Gundam or Gunpla and as yet not bought one yet, will buy one in the next few weeks, can a Gundam kit also quailfy for the Sci-Fi GB?

Hi Knikki,

Welcome to the group build.

Gundam kits look Sci-Fi ish to me, so go ahead. Shall I add you to the list ?

Rick

• Like 1