Sci Fi II Group Build

Not wanting to cause Rick any undue consternation, and messing up his list on page one, I have changed my mind.

After a chat, and a stash raid, I have decided to build....... the Lady.EF61C176-A905-432F-8701-3F815CAA358F.jpg

This ones for you, Rick.

I will update the list tonight and ensure that everyone's choices are duly logged.

Matt,

I am looking forward to this one. I know full well the missus won't let me buy an Air wolf kit for a long time yet.

Rick

Not wanting to cause Rick any undue consternation, and messing up his list on page one, I have changed my mind.

After a chat, and a stash raid, I have decided to build....... the Lady.

EF61C176-A905-432F-8701-3F815CAA358F.jpg

This ones for you, Rick.

This is one I am going to have to watch!! :Tasty::popcorn::Tasty::popcorn: I've built two RC Airwolf's and they always caught the attention of passers by when I was flying them.

I was looking at that picture, hearing the Airwolf theme in my head...and then I realised it was actually Roobard and Custard! :banghead:

In my defence they are quite similar!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIoSPevvsds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zedq1VhaS90

Blooming eck, haven't heard roobarb in donkeys years.

Suppose I coukd always attempt a double build, and get out my blue thunder repop kit.

I like that idea. You could do an Airwolf vs Blue Thunder combat diorama with them both airborne and Airwolf in combat mode.

Rick

ok I missed this thread going up...other thing on unfortunately!

As mentioned in the pre-voting thread I will be building this beasty.

DSCF2051_zps055339d4.jpg

It was meant to have a bigger role in Caprica but unfortunately it only appeared/mentioned in a flight simulator scene in one episode.

It's a nice and simple resin model that almost falls together, gotta love good resin models!

DSCF2052_zps8870e3c0.jpg

DSCF2053_zps20e85d9f.jpg

Al looking forward to building this as it will be the first SciFi model I've done for years. If time permitted there are a couple of other resin beastys I'd just love to build!

• Like 2

I picked this kit up at Wonderfest last year. Will be watching the build with interest as haven't done a resin kit yet.

you know there is a Non-Injection Moulded GB coming up? A perfect chance to pop that "resin" cherry...oh and I'm the host! :D

I had a thought recently [yes, I know, it hurts - I'll not be doing too many of those again]

Would Leonardo da Vinci's inventions fit into this?

They were, sort of, scientific fantasy or fiction - sci-fi.. None of his drawings were made and many would never have worked.

I think I have a kit of his 'helicopter'.

I had a thought recently [yes, I know, it hurts - I'll not be doing too many of those again]

Would Leonardo da Vinci's inventions fit into this?

They were, sort of, scientific fantasy or fiction - sci-fi.. None of his drawings were made and many would never have worked.

I think I have a kit of his 'helicopter'.

Yes, I would think so especially as S5 modeller said, they would be a work of science fiction when he designed them. So yes, we can include that one.

Rick

• Like 2

I'll be changing my entry to The Domelaze from SBY 2199. So can't wait.

Am I allowed to design the lighting system now? It won't constitute 1/4 (25%) of the build if that matters?

I'll be changing my entry to The Domelaze from SBY 2199. So can't wait.

Am I allowed to design the lighting system now? It won't constitute 1/4 (25%) of the build if that matters?

Hi Màdhatter,

As long as the lighting system doesn't constitute more than 25% of the build at the time the GB starts its fine.

Rick

I'm currently in the process of clearing down the (way too many) builds on my bench so should have a clear run on this... Looking forward to it kicking off!

Edit: is there a sig image for the GB yet?

Edited by Ian Shumsky

I'd like to enter my 'Against a Dark Background' bits.....Although they are started, nothing like 25% has been achieved on any of them, glue has scarcely been used although the razor-saw has had a fairly decent workout. :winkgrin:

• Like 3