Sci Fi II Group Build

I'm still in guys, as said on the Lesser built GB, I am moving house in Feb, so that's going to put a delay on the earlier GB's. I will do my best though....

If I can make a start then I will be in with - Pegasus Hobbies 1/72nd Mercury 9 Rocket.

Edited by Radleigh

The only thing I have at the mo is the Airfix Angel Interceptor. Using other peoples builds as reference I'd hope to add improvements to it to bring it closer in detail to the studio models.

There is a dearth of Sci-Fi models in the LMS. Budget is tight so I can't buy in anything much.

I was planning to build FineMold's big 1/72 Millennium Falcon, but since I saw the published 2015 GB calender that is now unlikely. I still would like to, but problem is that the three 2015 GB's I have interest in (SciFi, French & Non injected) all clash as much as possible and also at a time of the year (spring-summer) when my modelling time often goes down a bit. Well, we'll see, I have some smaller Star Wars projects as well, so Star Wars it will be.

Thanks for having me.

This will be a definite as I have had it in the stash far too long.

download_zpsd806e14a.jpg

All the best,

Steve.

I've got this in my stash as well and its a suprisingly decent kit considering its from Imai. Okay you need to dump the spring-loaded missiles and the cockpit is VERY basic... I've actually got this out two or three times to make a start but in the end do something else. If you do make this I'll be a definite follower!!!

Don't have those other two kits but again will be very interesting to see them built!

• Like 2

Thanks for the IM Rick.

The most definite entry will be a scratch Merganser/Dotterel from Charles Sheffield's McAndrew stories - there's some major dimensions and details given, but I'll have to fake the rest. Also on the list as a possibility is Rama, from the Arthur C Clarke story familiar to all of us (and if you're not familiar with it, stop messing about with that silly Roddenberry nonsense and get some real SF into you. :winkgrin: (We need an icon for 'snob'.)) Again, major dimensions known, the rest is (un)informed guesswork.

It's also possible that I may do something from film/tv, but not sure if I will yet - I have a few half-finished projects, so I'm loathe to start anything new. 2 will do for a start, I think.

OK, inspiration needed.

I am currently working on a War of the Worlds scenario, (based on the description in the book), and filling a refit Enterprise with LEDs and circuit boards, but they are too far gone to be admissible here. Therefore I need something new.

Whatever it will be, and I'll probably have to get Christmas out of the way before I commit to anything, it is likely to be related to one of the following:

a) Gerry Anderson

B) Doctor Who

c) The Zombie apocalypse, (inspired by a recent trip to Lidl).

d) 2001, A Space Odyssey

e) Something totally off-the-wall triggered by too much H.P. Lovecraft / Iain M. Banks / Laphroaig Quarter Cask, (are you listening, Santa?)

As time is pressing I'll have to get both brain cells working on this one.

Cheers,

Paul

• Like 2

Something "Aieny" Either one of these charming beasties or possibly converting the Geo-Metric Ripley(from Aliens) figure to Ripley from Alien.

queen1_zps5d129c09.jpg

chestburster1_zpsea3f050c.jpg

Andy

• Like 1

Mmh... I'm going to do a starship from the Star Trek universe (NOT the JJ Abram travesty :P )

Probably an Enterprise-refit with lights I have in my stash. I have some extras to go with it - a very nice shuttle bay in resin that allows for lighting too.

I wish SFGB II had got a slot after the summer - as things stand now I have my three favourite GBs between the beginning of January and the end of June (Lesser Built AF, Sea King ST and SF Group builds) Busy busy busy! ;)

I'll take a few pics of the kits & extras and post them here later. :)

Cheers, Moggy

Edited by Moggy

I wish SFGB II had got a slot after the summer - as things stand now I have my three favourite GBs between the beginning of January and the end of June (Lesser Built AF, Sea King ST and SF Group builds) Busy busy busy! ;)

Sorry Moggy,

There were only a few slots left when I picked this one, 2 of which were at times when I wouldn't be able to participate in the GB due to a weeks holiday and working away at a bike show for 2 weeks.

Rick

• Like 1

Mmh... I'm going to do a starship from the Star Trek universe (NOT the JJ Abram travesty :P )

Probably an Enterprise-refit with lights I have in my stash. I have some extras to go with it - a very nice shuttle bay in resin that allows for lighting too.

I'll take a few pics of the kits & extras and post them here later. :)

Cheers, Moggy

I know what you mean. I have Sci Fi, Sea King and Achtung Panzer all running together!! :frantic::frantic:

• Like 1

Something "Aieny" Either one of these charming beasties or possibly converting the Geo-Metric Ripley(from Aliens) figure to Ripley from Alien.

Andy

In the T-shirt scene at the end? :Tasty:

• Like 1

I will be in with the AMT Klingon Bird of Prey:

boxtop.jpg

As seen in the Star Trek Movies nos 3 and 4.

birdofpreyinstartrek4.jpg

birdofpreywithwhalerinstartrek4.jpg

Not sure whether to do it in flight mode or in landed mode...we will see.

Q'plagh!

Philip

PS - if I get time, I also have a resin Minbari Fighter in 1:144 by Fantastic Plastic. If I do, it would be my first resin kit (gulp!)

• Like 2