Achtung Panzer

I've gotta be a bit mundane with the Tamiya 1/35 T34/76 "1943 Production", but this is the only armor kit I currently have (and will be my very first ever tank). Probably gonna build straight OTB but you never know what PE/resin impulse buys may happen in the next couple months, especially since my PE folding jig arrived today. :evil_laugh:

If nothing else I'd recommend a RB models metal gun barrel. For a couple of pounds they make a huge improvement, especially if your kit barrel is split in two pieces, as there are no seams to clean up.

I use them on all my builds!

Ben

If nothing else I'd recommend a RB models metal gun barrel. For a couple of pounds they make a huge improvement, especially if your kit barrel is split in two pieces, as there are no seams to clean up.

I use them on all my builds!

Ben

I was definitely considering a metal barrel and will probably add that if nothing else. If do add any PE it will be my first experience with it, so I'm a little hesitant, but who knows?

Something like this ?

ACHTUNG2.png

Here's my badge attempt, bit more colour, but not necessarily better:

16112537887_20a4562184_o.jpg

regards,

Jack

Both great but have gone for a bit of colour. Thank you!!

Just found out I could only have 2 pics in the signature though :( Have 'parked' the BoB banner for later in the year.

Hey Nimrod, How do you make your signature change like that? Looks great.

I did it using this http://www.gifmaker.me/ (its free) and just follow the on screen instructions.

1. Upload the files you want to use

2. Save the file.

3. Import into the site you use for posting photos and post as normal

I have mine set at 400 x 100 so that I don't fall foul of the signature rules and I have set the time at 2000 millisecs.

Mike has posted full instructions in the site Help & Support section.

Just a quick question - are we clear to wear GB banners in our sigs while (or even before) we're participating in a GB? I just instinctively thought you had to be finished with it first but I'm guessing that's not the case. Just wanted to be sure before I did a faux pas! ;)

Edited by caszerino

Thanks to everyone on complimenting the badge design.

The Panzer Assault Badge does indeed have a Tiger I enclosed within a wreath, and I put the GB monogram in place of the eagle/swastika. The vehicle facing was the result of the Tiger photo incorporated into the graphic - couldn't justifiably flip the image since many of it's recognizable details are asymmetrical and just wouldn't look right.

---------------------------------------------

Using animated gif to display badges is a great idea, or you can also collage them together and shrink them down like I've done with my entries for this year's group builds.

regards,

Jack

• Like 1

I did it using this http://www.gifmaker.me/ (its free) and just follow the on screen instructions.

1. Upload the files you want to use

2. Save the file.

3. Import into the site you use for posting photos and post as normal

I have mine set at 400 x 100 so that I don't fall foul of the signature rules and I have set the time at 2000 millisecs.

Mike has posted full instructions in the site Help & Support section.

Thanks to everyone on complimenting the badge design.

The Panzer Assault Badge does indeed have a Tiger I enclosed within a wreath, and I put the GB monogram in place of the eagle/swastika. The vehicle facing was the result of the Tiger photo incorporated into the graphic - couldn't justifiably flip the image since many of it's recognizable details are asymmetrical and just wouldn't look right.

---------------------------------------------

Using animated gif to display badges is a great idea, or you can also collage them together and shrink them down like I've done with my entries for this year's group builds.

regards,

Jack

Thank you both. I will have a play tomorrow and see what I can do :thanks::thanks: