Achtung Panzer

AHA..! The cursed thing adds "~original" to the end of the link.

What I was going to say and will, is that, my crew have arrived and I wanted to start this:-

DSCF0117_zpsd32e67eb.jpg

But, looking at the rules, I may have to go with this :-

DSCF0119_zps5f7b6a22.jpg

Or then again................................

W

Edited by Wolfpack

Can I put a tentative placeholder in to join?

Not sure what yet. Just in the process of finishing off a Panzerjager rail dio and really want to get it done before the end of Jan.

If complete then will be in.

Not sure what yet but will peruse in the stash.

Just ordered a couple of kits after some recommendations from SleeperService (cheers bud) so I'm in with a 1/48 Hobby Boss PzKpfw KV-1 captured KV-1 and also have a 1/48 Tamiya JS-2 1944 model for my first AFV group build. I hope these are OK as entries.

I don't know if I will be able to complete both, just have to see how I get on, looking forward to it now.

Just ordered a couple of kits after some recommendations from SleeperService (cheers bud) so I'm in with a 1/48 Hobby Boss PzKpfw KV-1 captured KV-1 and also have a 1/48 Tamiya JS-2 1944 model for my first AFV group build. I hope these are OK as entries.

I don't know if I will be able to complete both, just have to see how I get on, looking forward to it now.

Both kits are fairly straight forward and the KV-1 is a long weekender if built OTB.

The JS-2 as Tamiya depending on what extras you may add is much the same.

Both kits are fairly straight forward and the KV-1 is a long weekender if built OTB.

The JS-2 as Tamiya depending on what extras you may add is much the same.

The KV-1 may be a long weekender for a proficient armour builder, but it will take me much longer than that. It's not so much the assembly but more painting the things that is of concern. Let me say that the Airfix 1/72 King Tiger has taken me around 18 months so far and that is OOB. :lol:

I have seen some fantastic builds in the AFV forum, if I can achieve something half as good I'll be happy.

• Like 1

Howdy chaps and chapesses :bye:

Well then, 18 days to go until the big off.

Has everyone got their brushes sharpened and crayons at the ready?

If you have any issues regarding the GB, lets get them sorted before the kickoff, so that we have no bunfights during build time.

If I could just clarify a couple of points that have been raised via email etc.

- Any Tank or AFV that took part in WWII excluding paper panzers -

This means any vehicle that was in active service during the period of WWII:1939 - 1945. The only exception to paper panzers are the Waffentrager 38d and Kugelblitz, one of each saw action in the last days of the war.

- AFV defined as any wheeled or tracked vehicle not built for carrying troops -

Basically, no trucks or half tracks that are specifically designed just to carry troops. For example the American M16 half track is a yes, the normal US Half track a no. The SDKFZ 251 Zwilling a yes, the German troop transport 251 a no.

- Towed artillery allowed as long as it is accompanied by its towing vehicle

Any towed artillery is allowed, as long as its towing vehicle is also included in your build, and yes, this does include horses.

- Small scenic bases allowed.

Okay, lots of stuff about this. There are no hard and fast measurements for a 'small scenic base'. Use your own judgement, just a small display to put the vehicle on if you so desire. You can add

figures and bits of buildings if you like. If you want to go the whole Verlinden route, good for you, but unfortunately we will only be interested in the vehicle.

Hapiness ?

Good

Steve

• Like 3

My kits arrived today, so I just have to decide which of these to start with.

CIMG3016_zps0071d475.jpg

CIMG3015_zpsc25331a0.jpg

The paint on the captured KV-1 looks as though it could be challenging so I am leaning towards starting with the IS-2 and then maybe have a go at the Hobby Boss kit.

I've gotta be a bit mundane with the Tamiya 1/35 T34/76 "1943 Production", but this is the only armor kit I currently have (and will be my very first ever tank). Probably gonna build straight OTB but you never know what PE/resin impulse buys may happen in the next couple months, especially since my PE folding jig arrived today. :evil_laugh:

122081-10911.jpg

Edited by caszerino
  • Like 1

I've gotta be a bit mundane with the Tamiya 1/35 T34/76 "1943 Production", but this is the only armor kit I currently have (and will be my very first ever tank). Probably gonna build straight OTB but you never know what PE/resin impulse buys may happen in the next couple months, especially since my PE folding jig arrived today. :evil_laugh:

122081-10911.jpg

Good choice, they are actually very nice kits..

Steve