Achtung Panzer

Okay, decision has been made.

Actually, way back when I started up the Panzer GB, this was actually the vehicle I had in mind

Trumpeter Pzkpfw IV Ausf D Fahrgestell

104823-102441.jpg

I hadnt been able to find one, but just by chance this afternoon I came accross one and snapped it up.

It really is an epic kit and im very chuffed and cant wait to build it.

Steve

Tiger tank for me! :D Can't say exactly what version or colour scheme as I haven't yet made up my mind, but it will be in 1/48.

If you're using an AFV Club 48th Tiger 1 then be aware that the rubber band tracks are way too short. Skybow do clickable replacements that are excellent. (Nigel at Parabellum has good stock).

If you're using an AFV Club 48th Tiger 1 then be aware that the rubber band tracks are way too short. Skybow do clickable replacements that are excellent. (Nigel at Parabellum has good stock).

Thanks for the heads up. I have an AFV Club Tiger in The Stash but I haven't decided which one to do yet - that one or Tamiya.

Morning Chaps :bye:

Well with just a couple of weeks to go, hope you are all getting your glues and paints and stuff all tidy and ready for the big off.

Looks like this is going to be an absolutely EPIC GB, judging by what you guys have said you are going to build :winkgrin:

A very nice selection and not just all Tigers and Panthers as some people said it would be.

If anyone has any queries about rules etc, lets get them all nailed down now, before we start and you can contact either Me, Doug or Wolfpack for those queries.

Ta

Steve

I thought I'd nominated for this one, but it doesn't look like it. I'm in with either a Tamiya B1 bis, or the Amusing Hobby Neubaufahrzeug Pz.Kpfw. VI. Or maybe something else... Either way, add me if you would be so kind.

Well, I would join in here but this thing keeps telling me I cant use image files, even after following the tutorial in BMs FAQ.

So either photobuckets change again or some glitch is conspiring against me.

W

Morning Chaps :bye:

Well with just a couple of weeks to go, hope you are all getting your glues and paints and stuff all tidy and ready for the big off.

Looks like this is going to be an absolutely EPIC GB, judging by what you guys have said you are going to build :winkgrin:

A very nice selection and not just all Tigers and Panthers as some people said it would be.

If anyone has any queries about rules etc, lets get them all nailed down now, before we start and you can contact either Me, Doug or Wolfpack for those queries.

Ta

Steve

Steve, we really can't let the Dark Side have all the fun now, can we!

• Like 1

Well, I would join in here but this thing keeps telling me I cant use image files, even after following the tutorial in BMs FAQ.

So either photobuckets change again or some glitch is conspiring against me.

I don't use photobucket myself but I have noticed a change in the way the links back to it work lately. Be sure you are selecting the correct link. You need to be linking the the image itself, not the page its displayed on. Make sure the link ends in ".jpg" or ".png" and not ".html" or anything else.

Edited by Kallisti

Well with all the builds for GBs and STGBs I got going on this year I'm going to scale back my build for this GB from a 1:48 Jagdpanther to a 1:72 Jagdpanzer.

But Mish! don't want you damaging your eyesight with tiny tanks do we.......

Besides, aren't their just as many parts in both?

Don't worry, this tiny tank has quite a few parts already and more are on the way.....I'd hazard a guess that even some of the 1/35 kits will be hard pressed to match it on that front. :nerd:

Hehe, theres probably more bits in the 72nd one...

Don't worry, this tiny tank has quite a few parts already and more are on the way.....I'd hazard a guess that even some of the 1/35 kits will be hard pressed to match it on that front. :nerd:

All I can say guys is you haven't seen my 1:48 Tamiya Jagdpanther,.

Turned barrel, PE set, spent and unspent shells, metal individual linked tracks, those alone would take a couple of days to make. Plus a base to construct.

At least with the 1:72 I have part of the base built. Don't worry it's not part of the entry and a stalled project cluttering the bench so it needs finishing.

So there :P

• Like 1

Is this a moderator is see before me, making excuses like one of us common degenerate peasants... :analintruder:

Its okay Mish, we understand...

The 48th Jagdpanther is a little too hard, got looooooots of bits..... :coolio:

PS - if you dont hear from me again, nice knowing you all and im sure Mish had nothing to do with my disappearance... :coolio:

Steve

• Like 1