Achtung Panzer

Woohoo.... Well here we are chaps.

Thanks to Mish for all her hard work.

Okay guys - Lets keep this nice and simple.

Any and all Tanks and AFV's that took part during WWII, 1939-1945. All theatres, all combatants.

The only exclusions are the paper panzers, vehicles that didnt actually fight in WWII (like a T72... :coolio: )

For reasons of clarity, lets us define an AFV as basically anything that isnt a truck or designed to transport troops.

Scenic bases allowed, as long as it doesnt detract attention away from the subject.

I suggest you familiarise yourself with the general GB Rules and most Importantantly.... LETS HAVE FUN!!!!

Steve

PARTICIPANTS SIGNED UP SO FAR:

1) BLACK KNIGHT - ROMMEL HALFTRACK / M18 HELLCAT / M3 GRANT

2) PLASTIX - KINGTIGER / M4A3

3) MITCH K - VICKERS MK VI

4) DAVE JL - TIGER / PANTHER / LVT4 BUFFALO

5) MISH - JAGDPANTHER

6) SHAR2 - FIREFLY / M10

7) ANDREW E - SCAMELL & 7.2 INCH

8) VPPELT - PAK 40'S ?

9) SPEEDMAN - SHERMAN

10) NIMROD 54 -

11) TROJAN THUNDER - STUG III

12) ANDY C - M3 STUART / PANZER 1

13) SILVER FOX - SU152 / MATILDA II

14) WIMBLEDON 99 - CHURCHILL IN WELLIES

15) KWATEROUS - SDKFZ 294

16) COOLHAND - KV1

17) FATFINGERS - PANZER III?

18) BADGER - CHURCHILL MKIV

19) SHERMANIAC - T35

20) DOUG ROGERS - JAGDPANTHER / CROMWELL

21) BON HOFF - UNIVERSAL CARRIER

22) CLIFF B - T34

23) KALLISTI - CHAR 2C

24) SLEEPER SERVICE - KUGELBLITZ / SU122

25) MAD STEVE - PANZER IV AMMO LOADING THINGIE

26) JACK G - LITTLE ITALIAN TANKETTE THINGIE

27) ENZO - TIGER

28) SCOPEDOG - SDKFZ7 w FLAKVIERLING

29) SGT SQUAREHEAD- EARLY WAR STUFF

30) MADMUSKY-

31) CASZERINO - T34/76

32) PARIP - SU100

Edited by MAD STEVE

Looking forward to this and there's not long to wait! :yahoo:

Going to try and make at least one 1/35 Tiger 1 (my first ever 1/35 tank!) with some aftermarket stuff added and maybe something else if my order ever arrives! Might even try turning one into a diorama!

Hope that's okay Steve/Smuts?

Edited by PlaStix
  • Like 1

I'm thinking of perhaps doing the Airfix Rommel's half-track. Is that one ok Steve?

Thats perfect Black Knight.

Steve

Looking forward to this and there's not long to wait! :yahoo:

Going to try and make at least one 1/35 Tiger 1 (my first ever 1/35 tank!) with some aftermarket stuff added and maybe something else if my order ever arrives! Might even try turning one into a diorama!

Hope that's okay Steve/Smuts?

I dont have a problem with a wee diorama base Plastix...

So just to be perfectly clear on this towed artillery pieces are not OK?

I only ask because in the original thread there are a couple of posts (88 & 104) that suggest they are OK and I had an Accurate Armour Scammell R100 and 7.2 inch inch Howitzer all lined up for this.

Andrew

I was planning to build a pair of PAK40 with crew, on bases. They´re towed artillery too, so? Let me just suggest that as long as it´s military, non-aviation, non-naval and can be used to create havoc, why not allow it here, or do people wanting to build such need yet another GB for that? I don´t think that´d lessen the lure of traditional AFV subjects. V-P

Hi Chaps

Ok, executive decision time and how to win people and influence friends... :coolio:

It was actually inferred through some of the chats we had that Artillery pieces would be included and from messages I have recieved, some chaps have already lined up kits for this. It would be unfair, and frankly, just wrong to turn around and say, no, at this point.

So, Artillery is in.

Secondly, from the amount of interest we have had since this has taken off, and additional people that have shown interest, we've decided to add Wolfpack as a third host.

Coolo

Steve

• Like 1

Hi Chaps

Ok, executive decision time and how to win people and influence friends... :coolio:

It was actually inferred through some of the chats we had that Artillery pieces would be included and from messages I have recieved, some chaps have already lined up kits for this. It would be unfair, and frankly, just wrong to turn around and say, no, at this point.

So, Artillery is in.

Secondly, from the amount of interest we have had since this has taken off, and additional people that have shown interest, we've decided to add Wolfpack as a third host.

Coolo

Steve

That's great news. Absolutely no excuse not to do my Accurate Armour Scammell R100 and 7.2 inch howitzer now! I purchased them both off e-bay a few years ago and have been building up the courage to start them ever since. This will be the perfect opportunity.

Andrew