Sepecat Jaguar Hasegawa 1/72

spiton

The undercarriage of Jaguar is attractive element. Looks good. When I opened the box with Hasegawa kit , I was A little disappointed. The undercarriage wasn't the best part of this kit. But this imperfection was a reason to start with building the model.

c96f3266c9161816.jpg
great artbox

e6dc20a2a5fbf470.jpg
57ac39d93f54acc4.jpg
And changing of the undercarriage

• Like 2

Funnily enough I have just started rebuilding the legs on my Airfix Jag too

At least Hasegawa knew the strut wasn't moulded into the leg ;)

edit to add it

The box art is great might be why I just bought one on the bay for eight squids, I may do a comparison build if it arrives soon

My legs here so far

15981545815_0ec84d47c3_z.jpg

Edited by perdu
  • Like 1

That Jag wouldn't get very far with that load and no drop tanks. Why are the speed brakes deployed, why would he be slowing down on exit from the target area. And, on exit from the target area he has not expended any stores and there's a thumping great big explosion behind him !!!!!

• Like 1

That Jag wouldn't get very far with that load and no drop tanks. Why are the speed brakes deployed, why would he be slowing down on exit from the target area. And, on exit from the target area he has not expended any stores and there's a thumping great big explosion behind him !!!!!

Is it because the pilot inadvertently jettisoned the drop tanks instead of the 1000 pounders and has slammed on the air brakes whilst contemplating returning for them? Alas they appear to have just landed right on the bonfire...

There'll be hell to pay in the debrief.

Edited by Kirk
  • Like 3

I built this kit many years ago (still one of my best models built). Used the excellent Flightpath set, and some of the Airwaves PE (their air brakes are gems, albeit were very fiddly to work with). Afterwards I regret I didn't correct the gear legs. IIRC I found the main wheel size incorrect (can't remember if they were too small or too big) so I substituted them with wheels from (I think) a Matchbox Phantom.

Once heard a story that in the ops room for visiting squadrons at an RAF Phantom base, there was a sign posted that read:

NOTE Jaguar pilots may NOT use afterburners when taxing.

• Like 2