Airfix Dornier is out

Truro Model Builder

Now if we could only get that Blenheim IVf released........ :D

Cheers,
Dave

Picked mine up today from Affinity Models in Stoke-on-Trent. Certainly looks like a very detailed, good kit with particularly good detail around the bomb bay and with positionable flaps. The decal detail is as good as the 72nd typhoon and there is an extra instruction page just for stencil detail

Leighton

Edited by Algie75

Pre release build review I saw suggested this was the best kit Airfix have ever released. Not a kit I want though :- ( but if the Defiant is to this alleged standard I will be very happy (after making a complete bollix of the MPM kit a few years back).

Mine has some runs on the part which lead it in places to have a milky consistency, I'll be taking some photos later to send to Airfix. To be fair I went back to my friends model shop where I got it from, his remaining stock is fine - might be that I'm just unlucky

Mine has flow lines in the clear parts but I needed a x15 jewellers loupe to see them.

As for short shot parts the tubular back of one of the seats has a gap in it.

Was the skin on the outerfaces of the fins dimpled like that or are they sink marks?

Non of these observations has stopped me drooling all over this kit its georgeous.

• Like 1

Now that 1/72 scale has been taken care of, we could use a decent Do 17Z in 1/48...

It would be foolish on behalf of ICM not to capitalize on their excellent .215. You know that the less popular version is the first to be released... Patience, grasshopper.

Well I've stopped drooling over the sprues and commenced building thisd one. Boy is the cockpit fiddly, I can foresee tears and many kits heading for the shelf of doom. I advise plenty of patience, scrupulous cleaning of sprue gates and mold seams and plenty of dry fitting before any form of glue is contemplated. Nimble fingers and good eyesight will also be of benefit.

Well I've stopped drooling over the sprues and commenced building thisd one. Boy is the cockpit fiddly, I can foresee tears and many kits heading for the shelf of doom. I advise plenty of patience, scrupulous cleaning of sprue gates and mold seams and plenty of dry fitting before any form of glue is contemplated. Nimble fingers and good eyesight will also be of benefit.

That's usually known as modelling.

Edited by Sten Ekedahl
  • Like 12

That's usually known as modelling.

Which is why as a true modeller my solution to my sausage fingers for some of the fiddly assembly is to ignore the instruction sequence and use the wing spars and taped together fuselage halves as 'jigs'.

It also helped to sleep on it and now I can see progress and the fact that once the fuselage is together the going will get easier.

The detail on this kit is stunning its just that you don't normally struggle to stick the first two parts together when you're on Stage one of the instructions.

• Like 2

Which is why as a true modeller my solution to my sausage fingers for some of the fiddly assembly is to ignore the instruction sequence and use the wing spars and taped together fuselage halves as 'jigs'.

It also helped to sleep on it and now I can see progress and the fact that once the fuselage is together the going will get easier.

The detail on this kit is stunning its just that you don't normally struggle to stick the first two parts together when you're on Stage one of the instructions.

True, we real modellers never follow the instructions - if we read them at all. B)

• Like 1