WNW taking pre-orders for the Felixstowe's

Hoppy

WNW are taking pre-orders for the two Felixstowes at $269 each and have available to order a dogfight double of the Felistowe and a Hansa-Brandenburg W.29 for $349. The W.29 must be the special reissue that has been mentioned before.

http://www.wingnutwings.com/ww/

Bob

• Like 1

I'm not sure whether this is the special release as they've always talked about figures and a ton of PE being included. They have however included Christiansens markings for the W29.

Despite the size and price I'm drawn to the flipping dualist box. SWMBO will go mad when she sees the size of the box

Boy,that Duellist set would be a nice Christmas prezzy,but I don't think her indoors would cough up that much.Got a friend who wants 4 Felixstowes,think he'd better start doing some overtime!

Dave.

$269 was more than I was expecting the Felixstowe to be but I shall be getting one of the late versions anyway as it looks like a fantastic model. I never bought the W.29 either so the duelist set is sort of tempting as well but I think sense will prevail when I come to place an order!

Looks kike the wings can be built to be detachable just outboard of the engines, I think the only rigging lines that are affected by this are the ones from the bow to the outer wings and the control lines running along the top of the upper wing. Presumably you either have to leave these off the model or somehow have these detachable as well.

Andrew

I tend to agree with Hypersonic here - US$269 seems steep. I was expecting around the $199 mark. I had no intention of actually getting it, but was following the pricing with interest (if only as an indicator of future releases). I'm sure that if I actually wanted it, I'd pay the money - but do wonder how many who had their hearts set on this one have had to seriously rethink.

I also wonder how much of the extra expense is a reflection of the free postage policy, though - I imagine this would cost a small fortune to ship, so if one were to subtract that from the total the actual cost of the kit would no doubt drop a reasonable amount.

• Like 1

I tend to agree with Hypersonic here - US$269 seems steep. I was expecting around the $199 mark. I had no intention of actually getting it, but was following the pricing with interest (if only as an indicator of future releases). I'm sure that if I actually wanted it, I'd pay the money - but do wonder how many who had their hearts set on this one have had to seriously rethink.

I also wonder how much of the extra expense is a reflection of the free postage policy, though - I imagine this would cost a small fortune to ship, so if one were to subtract that from the total the actual cost of the kit would no doubt drop a reasonable amount.

Dont forget at current exchange rates thats £171, and if you get "caught" and have to pay the VAT ( which you are obliged to by law) thats another £34, so £205. Now I love WNWs kits but it is a lot of money!!

The Duellists set works out at £222 ex at or £266 with.

Jonners- though I admit if i still have expendable income like i used to - I'd buy one straight away!

Wingnut Wings Felixstowe F.2a But at US$269.00 the price is just too recession crushing. I can except the beauty and detail of the kit but we all have to live in the real world I thought it might be closer to the Gotha at US$149.00. :(

The Felixstowe is twice the size of the Gotha.I believe the original quote was closer to $400.

I was expecting it to be more like $200, but ive ordered one anyway :banghead: From looking at the instructions and the built photos on their website it does seem like you get your moneys worth, even though its probably the most ill ever spend on a kit.

I was going to post as well regarding the difference in price between what Hannants are asking PLUS postage and what WnW are selling the Felixstowe directly for, including postage.

I ordered directly for the equivalent of £220, postage included. Had I ordered from Hannants it would have been £314.99 plus around £20 postage to France. The difference would have been well over £100, that's a bit of a markup notwithstanding VAT and P&P!

Having said I was going to post... You'll now see I just did!

Anyway, I'm a Wingnut Wings virgin, but having seen them in the flesh, they really are superb kits and the duellist boxing does contain the rather gorgeous Hansa-Brandenburg W.29! I just hope I can do them both justice.

Nope it's just plain old VAT @ 20% exactly the same VAT you would pay on it if you bought it from Hannants.

That's not what I was charged. Maybe I was lucky. 20% of $500 isn't £25. And that included the handling charge.

That's not what I was charged. Maybe I was lucky. 20% of $500 isn't £25. And that included the handling charge.

They seem to charge what they feel like, it varies with the wind & has no constant percentage to the actual amount of the purchase, that said in all my experiences it has been well below 20% :)

Damn keyboard, mine's acting up too!

so is mine, must be solar flares or the Russkies I reckon!

I have always been impressed by the WNW stuff, but never bought as I am not a 1/32 fan - but these releases have changed my mind -just awaiting the delivery of my new credit card with 18 months purchases at 0% and I will be taking the plunge on "The Duellists" I think!

Just ordered a late version, a Salmson 2A2 and an Albatros D.Va (OAW) seem to have appeared on my order as well. At least I managed to resist the Duellists version (I have already done an early version in 1/72).

Felixstowe01.jpg

• Like 1

WnW are now shipping the pre-orders for the Felixstowe. No more surprises... as yet.