A lot started but very few finished (or how to build faster than you paint!) Another squeezed out before the bells on Hogmanay

Duncan B

So I got off to a flying start this year with quite a few models nearing completion towards the end of last year. Unfortunately I couldn't keep the pace up and once again finish the year with more pending than actually finished (I keep telling myself that I still have time to finish a few more but know that I won't). Anyway on with the photos, all 1/72 scale this year.

Hobbyboss Seahawk

XE385016_zps1cb8ff83-L.jpg

Airfix Fw190A8

034_zpsc0baebad-M.jpg

Zvezda Bf109F

IMG_1511_zps14187ce2-L.jpg

Zvezda Fw190A4

IMG_1505_zps8d175caa-L.jpg

Airfix EE Lightning F2A converted to F1 (scratch and old Airfix Lightning donor kit)

6759aec3-c54d-4442-8c13-8f377be858ab_zps

IMG_1534_zpsce551f66-L.jpg

Finemolds Me410 B2/U4

Me41011_zps641f1781-L.jpg

IMG_1569_zps8320acaa-L.jpg

Me41026_zpsb3e09802-L.jpg

Duncan B

Edited by Duncan B
replaced photos lost by Photobucket
  • Like 14

That is some eye-catching camo on the two Zvezdas. Never seen anything quite like it before. Hope there was a pub open when you finished them.

Nice ones!

Cheers,

Mike

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Duncan,

I figure you would have completed more, but were always being distracted by Nigel when you had to help him out with his builds and issues. We know who is the master right? (Tell the truth, you did the detail work on the banana right?) The 109 F, the Fw 190 A4 and the Me 410 are just pieces of art. Really nice paint and building.

• Like 1

George, if you look closely you'll see there is no internal detail at all, I hate doing all that tiny stuff that ultimately disappears anyway (in fact I'm not really that interested in the building part at all). If Nigel builds them I'll happily paint them for him, the perfect team!

DB

• 2 weeks later...

Beautiful work, Duncan! The camouflage on the German planes really stands out. I even like the tarp over the Lightning canopy - adds interest and makes the viewer wonder what's under there.

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 1