1:48 blenheim IV from hannants ( ex C.A. )

brewerjerry

So after the Mk.I/IF (http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234965380-classic-airframes-blenheim-mk-11f-hannants/?hl=%2Bblenheim+%2Bclassic) Hannants will also re-release the CA Mk.IV. - ref.CF4156

Good piece of news.

CF4156.jpg

And also the CA Fiat CR.32 - ref.CF4157

http://www.hannants.co.uk/product/CF4157

CF4157.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

I honestly have no information either way, but why could they not have been? Having worked for a time in the logistics game you'd be amazed what gets found in the back of warehouses and store rooms, and a couple of hundred kits like this really doesn't take up a lot of space, especially if they were bagged shots. Look at all the members of the 1/100 Tamiya baby jet family that got found a few years ago, and are still trickling out at bargain basement prices.

If they had been found then why list them as a future release? Surely, you would put them on sale straight away. I have one of the Blenheim Mk I and the box is branded 'exclusive to Hannants' and I am not aware of any previous releases being so branded. The decal options are also different to previous releases as far as I am aware.

Not at all. You would start advertising them on as "coming" when it suited your marketing plan, not at the earliest possible moment. Same goes for actually putting them on sale.

If you have two versions of a kit it is normal practice to bring in the less popular version first, then you have a better chance of selling two rather than one to the same punter. That is why Airfix did the same with the 1/72 Blenheim, bring out the short nose first, and then the long-nose later.

And if they were bagged shots, then having purchased the bagged shots they would have to come from wherever they were coming , which may very well not be where they were originally manufactured. And given the nature of Hannants' trade may well mean sharing a shipping contained with a load of other stuff. and you would have to get the decals designed and printed, and the boxes printed. That's probably what they are doing now., having been able to establish whether the market is or isn't worth the investment, based on the knowledge of how many of the short-nose kit they have been able to sell over the last several weeks.

However, they could be a new run. The test will be how long they carry on circulating. For Hannants to commission full manufacture of the kits they would have to do a fair number and they will be around for many years. It's not the sort of kit that sells in droves.

WIP, If that is question is directed at me, well I do speak to the main people at Hannants, seeing I supplied them when I owned A2Zee Models. I asked the question when the Mk I Blenheim was released to see what possibilities I may have had to do some additional products for the kits.

Ali

What does whet my appetite is fact that several CA kits are now becoming available again through other channels, whether it is Hannants for the Blenheims and Fiat or Special Hobby with the Walruses, I just hope that the Gannet and Sea Venom follow at some point as those kits go for silly money on evilbay.

• Like 2

What does whet my appetite is fact that several CA kits are now becoming available again through other channels, whether it is Hannants for the Blenheims and Fiat or Special Hobby with the Walruses, I just hope that the Gannet and Sea Venom follow at some point as those kits go for silly money on evilbay.

Hi

Silly money might be a good indicator of future sales, the 1:48 tamiya lancaster was always silly money until it was re released, although still not cheap, it is affordable as is the hannants blenheim.

Presumably quality of the mold/mould and possible sales will dictate those which hannants are able to release.

Looks like i maybe spending more at hannants in 2015 than intended :-)

If it is going to be a limted issue buy now ....or we know what happens ;-(

Cheers

Jerry

• Like 2

• 4 months later...