Classic Airfix 1:72 Islander

Here for your view is the classic airfix Islander, built OOB using the Milford Sightseeing kit decals. The only bits I added were the aerials and some exhausts to improve the kit items. I should really have used a darker background because it looks very white!

100_3136_zps21508801.jpg

100_3137_zpsa4a4d36d.jpg

100_3138_zpse18b15aa.jpg

100_3139_zps160df6cf.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Cheers now

Bob

• Like 13

Beautiful little model - nice and tidy built. Wish I had bought one of them when Airfix re-released it.If I remember right, it came with decals for Aurigny airlines, same as the Twin Otter that is still in my stash. Would have looked very good next to each other.

Cheers,

Mario

• 2 weeks later...

what a great looking build - its always nice to see those kits that bring memories back from the 70's. I have loads of unbuilt kits from this era of Airfix - the BN Islander, Short Skyvan, Trident 1, Vanguard etc, and everytime I see one build up here n the forum I get a twitch to get on and actually make one of my stash

thanks for sharing - a lovely reminder of those Aurigny yellow birds from the Channel Isles

One of my personal favourite kits.

I haven't seen one made up in this scheme before though and it certainly suits it well :)

Full marks too for avoiding a tail-sitter!

Cliff