MDC Hawker Typhoon, finished at last

At long last it's finished, though I can still spot a couple of things that need attention, but into the cabinet it will go.

Build is here http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234950125-mdc-hawker-typhoon/

The kit is the best Hawker Typhoon kit in 1/32 scale but it is not the easiest of kits to build, challenging is an apt description, the instruction are absolutely useless. The rockets do not come with the kit and are purchased separately from MDC.

The main markings apart from one fin flash, which I messed up and had to resort to a decal are painted using Miracle Paint Masks, stencils are from Aviaeology and the canopy is a Squadron vac form jobby. Paints are Xtracolor for the main finish and Humbrol for the detail parts.

Not the greatest of photos I'm afraid.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Ignore the wayward rocket !

spacer.png

spacer.png

Cheers

Dennis

Edited by spitfire
Replaced Photobucket photos
  • Like 11

Just for interest I dug out my Revell "car door" Typhoon and took some shots of the models together, the Revell kit was built in the 1990's and treated to some new paint and markings in 2004/5.

spacer.png

spacer.png

And here she is on her own

spacer.png

Cheers

Dennis

Edited by spitfire
Replaced Photobucket photos
  • Like 4

Lovely, lovely job........................on both builds! Has the Revell one been re-scribed & de-riveted as it appears to in the photos? Just asking as I have one of these to start & I'm thinking of going down that route.

Cheers Mac

That's really good job there. Actually on both of them. I don't think I've ever seen one of the MDC kits finished.

Thank you for that, and yes they are rare things to see built, luckily the Valiant Wings book on the Typhoon contains a build which helped a lot.

Superb work on both kits Dennis. I do like a well made and finished Typhoon! They are both excellent! Well done.

Thank you for that, it was all worth it in the end.

great work

Lovely, lovely job........................on both builds! Has the Revell one been re-scribed & de-riveted as it appears to in the photos? Just asking as I have one of these to start & I'm thinking of going down that route.

Cheers Mac

Hi Mac, yes the Typhoon was sanded down and re-scribed, I have lots of practice doing this on old Revell kits, here's a Revell Hurricane that I did a few years ago, http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/37896-revell-hawker-hurricane-mk-1/

I have to echo all the other comments. Both builds are immaculate. Very nicely done.

Cheers,

Tom.

Thanks Tom the kind words are truly appreciated.

Cheers

Dennis

• Like 1