Airfix 1/144 Boeing 737

The old Airfix kit finished in the markings of Honduran airline 'SAHSA", which had such a poor safety record that someone dubbed the airline's name an acronym for 'Stay At Home, Stay Alive'. All of the kit's windows were filled and replaced with decals, the model was re-scribed, u/c doors replaced and Bra.Z resin engines substituted for the skinny kit ones. The swooshy scheme was masked and painted, decals were ALPS-printed.

F_01_800.jpg

F_04_800.jpg

F_08_800.jpg

F_11_800.jpg

Edited by Strangeways
Dead Photobucket lynx
  • Like 23

Wow, gorgeous scheme, stunning model making, I think this is the nicest job I've seen done to the old Airfix 732 yet.

Cheers

I agree wholeheartedly with Neil's comments. Surely one of the best I've seen.

Chris.

My favourite kit overall - in large part due to the almost unlimited number of liveries out there.

That is some seriously awesome masking and painting ( photography none too shabby either ) and the panel line details are just about perfect.

In case I haven't made myself clear, I like this one a lot!

Cheers,

Mike

A thing of beauty, a superb build in a colour scheme I've not seen modelled before. :popcorn:

Great model, I need to check my books but I am sure that HR-SHO was into Belize regularly during my times there.

Quality that you Picked up on the acronym SAHSA - Stay at Home Stay Alive, would also love to see a kit of the other main 737 uder in Belize,

TACA - Take A Chance Airlines.