Roden 1/144th VC-10

Radleigh

It'll go nicely with the Zvezda 144th IL-62 (I'd like a 72nd one but the £130 plus pricetag kinda puts me off a bit).

It's not my scale either but a decent, modern kit of the VC10 in injection - whatever the scale - is to be applauded surely?

Edited by The wooksta V2.0
  • Like 4

It'll go nicely with the Zvezda 144th IL-62 (I'd like a 72nd one but the £130 plus pricetag kinda puts me off a bit).

It's not my scale either but a decent, modern kit of the VC10 in injection - whatever the scale - is to be applauded surely?

Without a doubt, I broke scale on getting a few kits recently, AModel Be-12, Zvezda IL-62... will get this too. (Typically the Be-12 in 1/72nd was announced by Modelsvit soon after lol) and I don't plan on buying the HpH IL-62... hopefully AModel might do one for half the price.

Brit,Ten and...........................Where is the Belfast? I'd love the Brize trinity in 144th.

Edited by bzn20
  • Like 1

Well that's very good news! Think I'll need a few, Laker, BCal, BUA, Gulf Air & Air Malawi.

Paul Harrison

Brit,Ten and...........................Where is the Belfast? I'd love the Brize trinity in 144th.

I should build all the ones I worked on really at Brize..this might kick start it for me.

Edited by Radleigh

I should build all the ones I worked on really at Brize..this might kick start it for me.

When were you there? I was in Base from 73-81 and 88-92. I was on 1st line 72-73 and 81-84

Edited by bzn20

When were you there? I was in Base from 73-81 and 88-92. I was on 1st line 72-73 and 81-84

Did you happen to work with Pete Wood, from Newport, S.Wales on Belfasts and VC10s by chance? He left Brize in Oct 1980 to join the Reds at Kemble

Did you happen to work with Pete Wood, from Newport, S.Wales on Belfasts and VC10s by chance? He left Brize in Oct 1980 to join the Reds at Kemble

I can't remember a Pete Wood. He would have been known as Woody ! If he was on both kites he would have been on Line Servicing Squadron, 4 shifts with 30+ blokes on each. I was on A and never saw C because they were on shift when we were off. 3 days 8 AM till 8 PM and 3 nights 8 PM till 8 AM the 6 days off and go moonlighting at Luton on Brits/720b's for Monarch and/or Britannia a/w or Lasham on Dan-Air stuff. Great days!

I just remembered that I worked with an Andy Wood,who wasn't known as Woody! In Base Hangar Base 2 team 1979-81 ish

Funny that. Perhaps he cloned your ID!

Edited by bzn20

Well, I don't model 144, but I might just make an exception for the joint most beautiful airliner ever :)

I agree, the other one is a Super VC-10! :thumbsup:

Edited by bzn20

I can't remember a Pete Wood. He would have been known as Woody ! If he was on both kites he would have been on Line Servicing Squadron, 4 shifts with 30+ blokes on each. I was on A and never saw D because they were on shift when we were off. 3 days 8 AM till 8 PM and 3 nights 8 PM till 8 AM the 6 days off and go moonlighting at Luton on Brits/720b's for Monarch and/or Britannia a/w or Lasham on Dan-Air stuff. Great days!

I just remembered that I worked with an Andy Wood,who wasn't known as Woody! In Base Hangar Base 2 team 1979-81 ish

Funny that. Perhaps he cloned your ID!

That sounds about right. He liked working that shift system because of those days off