Roden 1/144th VC-10

Radleigh

yes I was thinking the same.

It's a shame some manufacturer's don't sell prints of some of thier box art, some Eduard & Airfix kits spring to mind

That BOAC livery is stunning. The image is just a little small to use as a desktop on my monitor.

Stunning artwork for both. I don't normally do 1/144 but a chap can be turned.

As for the troll, that's disgusting. If the 'person' is a member here, I would at least pass the info on to a moderator here.

Good luck with the sales.

Trevor

I'm absolutely appalled about that message you received. It's not something I have ever seen on this forum before. There really are some disgusting people out there.

On a more cheery note the VC10s look terrific and thank you for the update. Looking forward to adding this to the stash.

The VC10 looks superb! I make 1:72 military aircraft and I will definitely be buying a BOAC one....

As for your message, what an awful introduction to such a friendly and inclusive forum. How someone like that can be on here yet so ignorant of your country's contribution to our freedom (yes, I'd noticed your avatar!) is beyond belief :rant: . Please keep posting on here, racism and bigotry is not what we do here!

Edited by Vulcanicity
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I'm certain BOAC used gold paint and not yellow (same mistake Airfix made on their re-released and quite ugly 707)

Thats right.

The first Gold speedbird colours (April 64) had Gold foil including the Cheatline edging.This second Gold S/bird scheme, above, (April 65) had Gold foil on just the titles and Speedbird. The Gold cheatline edging was deleted.The titles changed typeface during the mark 1 Gold S/bird scheme too.

Edited by bzn20

I imagine one or two decal makers will be firing up Corel Draw (or whatever) once the kit hits the streets.

When I get my kit it will be BA Negus, not the most glamorous scheme but the one I remember best. Ray Charles issued it a couple of years ago and I bought the sheet intending it for an Airfix kit which I've never got round to starting. Both Standard and Super VC-10s are on the sheet and I hope Ray will re-issue it.

How was the good foil applied? And how did it survive whizzing along at high speed?

I really do like the BOAC gold speed bird colours and if the decals are yellow, I've got F-silk decals to use instead.

Jeff

Its probably self adhesive Gold Speed tape. We use the Aluminium (NMF) speed tape for make shift repairs,duct sealing etc. The name says it all,sticks like wotsit to the preverbial,even at speed. With flat colour you cant get the shine of the polished Gold effect. Go big, Gold leaf ! :winkgrin:

Edited by bzn20

Gentlemen,

It gives me huge pleasure to present some test-shots of Roden's VC10, plus box-art and decals etc. As usual they have been released on the Frog Site first.

This will be followed in the New Year by an RAF Tanker version.

Delivery will be soon and I promise it will have been worth the wait. Just one note, I have sadly had to watermark the images, this is due to some "People" who inhabit the net offering the pre-production box-art for sale as well as stating the model was in stock. (I am happy to supply unmarked images on request) This is totally unfair.

Airliner World will also be offering both the Britannia and VC10 as prizes in competitions in the New year.

Box-art may also be available, but this is yet to be confirmed.

Please let me have your comments and above all enjoy the hobby......

Oh I nearly forgot....Here is the link http://www.frogmodelaircraft.co.uk/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=317 :banghead:

Please note: The model and paper work including decals are © Roden

Roden Models are imported to the UK and distributed exclusively by Pocketbond

Martin

ps I had this strange dream. It was about a DH Heron and a Bristol Freighter...Odd

• Like 6

Beautiful. Many thanks for sharing it with us.

I could even be tempted to build a RAF tanker too.

Everytime I see the East African VC 10 I always start singing "Born free..."

Lovely, sign me up for three at least and then some short body chopping up options.

Jeff

Thanks for you reply.

Yeah metal tape is still used to make rapid repairs when some "accident" befalls the soft delicate skin of the aircraft (ie somebody knocks some staging into the aircraft whilst repositioning it..)

And I meant gold foil not good foil, though it probably was.

Edited by pinky coffeeboat

It's may be quite of offtopic here, but there is no general thread or specific for newest Roden 72nd scale Rolls-Royce car, it quite slipped under the radar.

It was a good idea for adding Irish decals, I'm going to add it to my collection.

Edited by Botan