RP-3D Orion - Project Magnet.

Romeo Alpha Yankee

This is were I got to with my Haseagwa P-3C in Project Magnet RP-3D colours some time ago

72_NP-3D_PM2_10_zps4ea6b6b7.jpg

72_NP-3D_PM2_21_zps2c6be9d7.jpg

72_NP-3D_PM2_26_zpsf5063c20.jpg

It had been on the shelf of doom until yesterday when I decided to start some masking and painting.

72_NP-3D_PM2_23_zpsa403cab0.jpg

72_NP-3D_PM2_24_zpsa214b088.jpg

Still some way to go with more masking, but I am all enthused to get this one done (so I can start another Orion or 3) :D

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Some better pictures after the touch ups (read re-spray of the orange areas)

Also removed the masking and found the windscreen had fogged on the inside.... oh well.

72_NP-3D_PM2_39_zps4d512acd.jpg

72_NP-3D_PM2_38_zps875960c8.jpg

72_NP-3D_PM2_40_zps7853d7e1.jpg

72_NP-3D_PM2_41_zps479396fa.jpg

72_NP-3D_PM2_36_zps3ca99128.jpg

Just need to redo the radome and get on with adding doors and props

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I have finally torn myself away from the C-17 build to progress this one.

Added gear doors and replaced some broken off antennas.

Also repainted the nose cone and did some touch ups elsewhere.

72_NP-3D_PM2_32_zpsaa865533.jpg

72_NP-3D_PM2_35_zps31fea492.jpg

72_NP-3D_PM2_36_zpsa9b2c925.jpg

72_NP-3D_PM2_37_zpsd54ed80d.jpg

The cockpit transparencies still look cloudy here but hopefully some future will clear some of that away.

• Like 2

Cheers Mike,

Just got back from a week at the coast, 32 sunny degrees every day... nice!

I had an under carriage malfunction and have had to replace the nose gear strut.

I thought I would have it finished before I left but had to deal with the nose gear. I have also noticed parts of the white have yellowed slightly under the future. Not sure what to do about that.

So close to decaling now!

Thanks John, well it was.

I had to fix the yellowing white paint so I resprayed and things did not go to plan. I think this one will be binned and another off the P-3 production line will replace it.

So another failed KUTA attempt for :(

I had to fix the yellowing white paint so I resprayed and things did not go to plan. I think this one will be binned and another off the P-3 production line will replace it.

So another failed KUTA attempt for :(

Sorry to hear that Ray. Is there no possibilty of stripping the paint and respraying? I understand an overnight soak in Fairy Powerspray works a treat, I don't know what your equivalent would be though.

You could always enter it in next years KUTA. :winkgrin:

• Like 1

Sorry to hear that Ray. Is there no possibilty of stripping the paint and respraying? I understand an overnight soak in Fairy Powerspray works a treat, I don't know what your equivalent would be though.

You could always enter it in next years KUTA. :winkgrin:

I have used so much paint on it now it is caked on, I might give it a go though just to see if I can save it. Won't be finished by the deadline though.

Paint can be easily removed by putting the model in a plastic bag, and spray MrMuscle oven cleaner into the bag, and close the bag.

Let the cleaner do it's work for al least an hour, and the paint is gone, or can be brushed away with a toothbrush.

Wash the model very good, and you can restart your paintjob.

Dave

• Like 1